News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

I thought you guys might find this amusing

Started by munkyfistfight, December 27, 2006, 09:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

munkyfistfight

I was visiting my godfathers house recently and he's a very big motorcycle enthusiast (even though he's never heard of a Vision).
Recently he bought a Ducati 999s that is absolutely one of the coolest bikes I've ever seen, and heard; his pipes make it sound like a chopper coming down the highway.
Anyways, I was over to help him move some stuff and I noticed that he had a sticker on one of his mufflers that said "Hoshizaki". I asked him about it because I had never heard of that brand of exhaust and he just laughed at me. When I asked what was so funny he told me he had been at a chinese buffet a couple of weeks ago and the ice machine of the soda fountain was made by a company called Hoshizaki. He thought it would be absolutey hilarious to mess with his Bike Club friends to have "Hoshizaki" mufflers on this Duc. So he stole the sticker and now he gets questions about it all the time, and he just lets them be confused. So now I'm keeping my eye out for Hoshizaki stickers and logo's to put on my V.  :D ;D
Those who play by the book will always be beaten by those who write their own. -Travis Pastrana

Mutt

I recently replaced a BMW emblem on the hood of my sister-in-laws car. The emblem cost me 15.00. I was thinking how good it would look against the black of the tank and the top of the tail light. Just completely remove anything that said Yamaha. Then I thought....hmmmmm maybe I could get about 3K for my like new BMW.  :)

JK. I wouldn't take less than 5K for it.  :)

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

kiawrench

i removed the majority of yammee id spots long ago,,, and with the big vetter logo on my fairing, and the vision trunk lid emblems from an eagle vision on the bike, it makes it seem as if the bike is a vetter vision.

it helps that i blacked the engine out- it hides the yamaha logos that could not be removed.
  i dont tell anyone it isnt a yammie ha-ha  , but if they dont askthey run around trying to find out more about a vetter bike that looks like a bmw ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, always funny
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

munkyfistfight

I won't lie. When I first saw mine sitting in the junk yard, I thought it was a BMW. I'm pretty proud it's a Vision though. Also! I just got my first Hoshizaki logo (via some prying)! I might replace the tail-piece yamaha emblem with it, just to see who I can fool.  :) ;)
Those who play by the book will always be beaten by those who write their own. -Travis Pastrana

Brian Moffet

Speaking of logos, my bike is missing the "YICS" logo on the left crankcase cover.  (the one that is removed to get to the crank to adjust valves, etc...) If anyone knows of one for sale or lease, please let me know.

I'll also eventually post this in the swap shop.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Moffet

Sorry, just responded.  Been a busy week.

Brian

hfarley

LOL! That is a good one! I took off the Yamaha emblems and put Chrome and black Bat Symbols on the tank instead. I get people asking me what kind of bike I am riding all the time. I tell them its the Bat Cycle can't ya tell?? LOL It does help that the original bat cycle was a yamaha. Blows their minds.
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!