Good read on commuting tactics.

Started by zore, January 04, 2007, 08:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zore

I commute almost daily on my bike and there are things I do to minimize my chances of getting crushed that I don't even think about, I just do them.  This article is a great piece of information and I invite everyone to give it a read.
http://www.sportrider.com/ride/146_9508_motorcycle_riding_tips/
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

don_vanecek

Nice article Zore, that people SEE ME is one of my own personal edicts. Two things that come to my mind right away are people that blindly follow big trucks though lights etc (light may have been green for the trucker but it was red when you blindly followed him though it). And people who just creeeeeep around you on the interstates. Sit in your blind spot forever and then neither one of you has an out as he creeeeeps past you. Cruise controls are nice but sometimes alittle touch on the gas is a good idea. Oh oh, I better stop right now!

Glyn

Great read. I'm sure we do most of that stuff naturally. You do get lazy tho esp when tired. Could add, always ride with lights on, wear fluro gear (even at the risk of looking like a traffic light), and wear other clothing to mimic cop wear. I have a flouro diagonal band and a white helmet. It's amazing how many (even bikers) think I'm a cop. On a 1980 Z200, maybe not....
Safe ridin all.

QBS

The article left out blue haired females driving Buicks. 

h2olawyer

If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Mutt

Don't talk about little old ladies and caddies around Kia.  :P

Mutt  :)
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President