News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Its The Middle of January and its 75 Degrees out!

Started by YellowJacket!, January 14, 2007, 01:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

OK, I'm over it.  I love the warm weather especially because I can ride but its 75 degrees out today and my bike wont start.  I unplugged my battery tender to plug in the Christmas lights and forgot to plug the tender back in when I took down the lights.  When I plugged the tende back in, the trouble light comes on after a few minutes.  So, I hooked up the charger and charged it.  Its at 12.8 volts and cranks fine but it sounds like a 12 gauge. All I get is backfires.
Gonna work on it a while.  Luckys coming over with his kids for the RC car challenge so wish me luck. ;D

Did I mention that its 75 degrees out?!

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

h2olawyer

Been hovering around zero here.  Snowing today - nice, light, fluffy snow.  Lots of flakes, little water - easy to shovel / sweep / blow.  This is the 4th weekend in a row for snow.  This time we got the cold, too.  I think it may warm up a little & melt sometime in April or May . . ..

Enjoy the warm weather while you can.  I think this arctic air mass is supposed to head your direction.  The actual cold air is shallow - it's warmer a couple thousand feet up.  That's what's causing all the problems in Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma & really much of the midwest.  The warmer air above is very moist.  It's raining, falling through the cold air & freezing on contact with anything it hits.  Sure glad I live where it snows instead of getting that freezing drizzle!  Saw it a couple times.  When it is a light coating, it's really beautiful.  When it begins snapping utility lines & tree limbs, it seems like a real pain.

Hope you can get 'er runnin', David!  Sounds like a great day for a ride.  Just watch out for the RC cars!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

MotorPlow

Wow! Not only is it 70o out during the day, but my ride home from work this morning at 6AM, it was still 55o! I may not ever need the new heated vest I made....

smknjoe1964

AAARRRGGGHHHH ! IVE GOT 8 Inches of Ice Pellets outside my garage !!!!

YellowJacket!

Ahhhhhh, Tne bike started and ran excellent!  Did a few laps around the neighborhood.  Boy do those Macs sound good.
The RC challenge was a blast.  My son took some pics so I'll upload them later.  We had a blast racing.  Lots of good crashes and flips.  We all went to the hobby store afterwards. ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)