News:

Main Menu

Joliet????

Started by Tdub, May 18, 2005, 08:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tdub

Spent the better part of the day on the pump with the XZ(YZF750).
Running awsome...pulling strong to 13,000rpm...good HP and TQ....then WHAM.
Had a "slight" valve failure...nothing major, but will be hard pressed to be ready for Joliet. Have to make sure the 2 XRs and the 505YZF are ready.
 Tdub
Always Looking for the Next Race

Superfly

That Sucks!!  What happened?
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

VisionMeister

Bummer on the valve failure.
Do you think the V will make a race this year?
Being a West Coaster I would like to make a West Coast event and see what the flat track scene is doing.
Sacramento is close by but a long way off in the schedule.

Tdub

I definately see the XZ running sometime soon. We have over 200 laps and a bunch of dyno time on it. It is progressing very well I think and it shouldn't be long before it's ready. The main issue is we have a rider who is in contention to possibly win the title this year, so the XZ will have to be at least as good as the XR before we try to qualify it for a Main. The chassis is there, so it just needs some more engine R&D. Tdub

Tdub

QuoteThat Sucks!! ?What happened?

Sorry I cant be specific, but luckily there was no damage other than the valve. Better ones are on the way! Tdub

h2olawyer

QuoteBetter ones are on the way!
At least you have what sounds like good suppliers.

Having a contending rider probably makes development of a different platform a bit more challenging.  Best of luck this season!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.