News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

82 color code

Started by tremalzo, February 10, 2007, 04:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tremalzo

Hi,

Did some searching on the web for the 82 stock color codes or color names. I can't find them. My xz550 is red like the one on the cover of Haynes manual. Does anyone know where can to find the codes or names?

Thanks.

Frans 

Brian_Matthewson

I don't know the code for the red one on the Haynes manual, but I think mine (in the gallery) is pretty close. Most decent paint shops should be able to match it for you. Mine was painted in Chevrolet Lumina 2002 red.
Brian
1982 Vision rider from 1991 to 2012.

reckon

motorcycle color codes will almost NEVER bring up a mixable formula on a paint shops color match computer or looking it up in the color library at PPG or DuPont.

the exceptions to this are Ducati, Honda, and BMW.

all you need to do is bring a 4" square sample piece of the color you want to a color shop (autobody paint supply) and have them scan it on their computer, and they should be able to mix up the color within about 3 or 4 shades accurate, your side cover is PERFECT for this.

or just look in their color chip book and select a color thats close (like that chevy lumina red mentioned above)

R-M DIAMONT is a paint line made by BASF that has probably 500+ different shades of any color, and is designed for infinite matchability, I'd see if you have a DIAMONT distributor in your area and start there.

"if it's stupid but it works, it's no longer stupid"

h2olawyer

Yamaha factory color codes & color names used on the North American 1982 XZ550RJ:

06M = U.R. Star Silver (the fastest color  ;D )
06G = U.R. Yamaha Black
063 = U.R. Brilliant Red

There is a US company that will sell paint by color code - or you can send them a part & they will match it.  Sending the part is best if you are looking to paint just one or two pieces.  That way, they match to the fade that may have occurred over the years.

www.cyclecolor.com/

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

tremalzo

Hi guys,

Thanks for helping.

Frans