ZX550RK for sale in upstate NY area

Started by d0n, February 27, 2007, 01:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d0n

I figured I'd post this again.

Here's all the info... http://albany.craigslist.org/mcy/285453129.html

Mystery Shopper

you might get more "craig hits" if you listed it as a 1983.........  XZ550RK , XZ 550RK, XZ 550 RK

a zx550rk is some sort of Kawasaki, I guess...

... also that's a "no longer available KG rack/backrest" ... not KC

I think you're a little low on the cosmetics.....  5 out of 10 makes it sound half bad...

say something like "average cosmetics for it's year, has minor spots of surface rust, oxidation on some alloy parts and has pits and chips in the paint"

talk up the fairing and vents everyone here covets so much
emphasize that it's road ready, nothing's missing... nothing's broke....seat isn't ripped...
adjustable front and rear suspension

wait a minute.... what am I doing writing your add copy? oh yeah, just trying to help........

d0n

thanks... can you put that all together for me!  ;D

Riche

The bike is nice. A 7.5 to 8 on cosmetics and I'm not going by the picture. Been there, seen it. How it run I've no idea, dOn wasn't home when I stopped by.

Superfly

A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

d0n

thanks richie... maybe it is a 7.5

I guess I'm down playing it a little so when a buyer comes to look, they can't complain about the cosmetics and try to lowball me. If they think it's gonna be a 5 and they see a 7.5 roll out of the storage area they'll be happy. So many times I've gone to look at "mint" or "like new" bikes that turn out to be wrecks.

It runs WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than it looks!  ;)

67GTO

If only it was closer :(
Any truckers on this site that could sneak it on a load going to WI ;)
" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

Night Vision

Quote from: 67GTO on February 27, 2007, 10:23:01 PM

it's a runner.... take a bus to Albany and ride it home  ;)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

67GTO

d0n

Quote from: Night Vision on February 28, 2007, 09:33:41 AM
Quote from: 67GTO on February 27, 2007, 10:23:01 PM

it's a runner.... take a bus to Albany and ride it home  ;)

hell yeah! Let me know when you're coming and I"ll warm it up for ya!  ;D

67GTO

Even if someone was heading west this summer (like maybe Colorado ;))
and I could meet them on say I80 somewhere :)

GT @ oh.

Hey Don did you happen to redo the starter clutch bolt fix already?...just curious.How close are you in minutes to Erie Pa. ?

jasonm.

I am not even 2 hours from you. But the wife would kill me...TWO OF THE SAME BIKE!!!!
I have no idea what the asking $$$  is  ?  did I miss something
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

h2olawyer

jason -

Check his link to craigslist.  He's asking $1500.  Definitely not out of line for an 83 in great running & good cosmetic condition.  Wish one like that would show up within 500 miles of me!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

d0n

Quote from: GT @ oh. on March 04, 2007, 11:28:44 AM
Hey Don did you happen to redo the starter clutch bolt fix already?...just curious.How close are you in minutes to Erie Pa. ?

I haven't. I've ridden it about 300 miles since fixing it up. In that time I didn't hear any strange noises that would indicate a problem.

Is this a preventative measure vision owners do or do they fix it after there are symptoms?

According to mapquest we're about 6 hours and 7 mins away from each other. Im in troy ny 12180

Walt_M.

The starter clutch usually starts with a clunking sound at idle that goes away as you rev. Typically starts to show around 25K miles so you are close. They are usually PMed when a stator goes, also a good time to check/tighten the balancer nut.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Scott_Mc

Looks good, really good 8)!  You are only a few hours from me but I'm very vehicle heavy right now.  My only comment on your ad is that I would not anyone ride it until they pay.  Tell them after they pay take it up the street and if it's not as i said, bring it back as is and I'll happily refund your $$.

Shouldn't this be in the "Swap Shop" forum?
Owned an `82 XZ for 22(?) years!
Current 2-`85 and 1-`86 GS1150E/ 1-`85 GS700ES
Wanted:-ST1300 :-O !!