News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

After Market Pipes

Started by Minitor911, March 15, 2007, 08:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minitor911

Has anyone had any experience installing aftermarket pipes on the vision? I'm looking for a new set of chrome pipes that will add a throatier sound to the bike; not to mention the ones on my bike have seen better days as it is.
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."

Tiger

:) I have a MAC system on both of my '82's...The pipe's come up the right side of the "V", sound really good..nice throaty roar. They are still available new. However, only in ceramic black finish... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Night Vision

I have a nice set of OEM's available that have the baffles cleanly removed. I've never heard them though..........
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Minitor911

How would one remove the baffles?

Night Vision

I have done other pipes with a hole saw on a drill. I'm not sure how these were done... almost looks like they just weren't put in to begin with..

or you could drill holes in yours around the perimeter on the end caps..
;D

Minitor911

Quote from: Night Vision on March 15, 2007, 09:44:29 PM
I have done other pipes with a hole saw on a drill. I'm not sure how these were done... almost looks like they just weren't put in to begin with..

or you could drill holes in yours around the perimeter on the end caps..

Is that a good idea? What diameter holes would you say?

reckon

Quote from: Tiger on March 15, 2007, 08:37:05 PM
:) I have a MAC system on both of my '82's...The pipe's come up the right side of the "V", sound really good..nice throaty roar. They are still available new. However, only in ceramic black finish... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

can you post a pic? 

I'd like to see them on a V

TIA  tiger
"if it's stupid but it works, it's no longer stupid"

kiawrench

to plate drill the oem pipes on a vision:

mark six evenly spaced points around "ring " on rear baffle plate , drill out in 3 or 4 steps
drill  with  1/4 in bit , step up to 3/8 ,drill again
step up to 7/16ths then last drill is with 9/16.

if done correctly ,and with carefully placed holes, this will allow you the most sound possible,without crossing legal decibel limit

you could possibly go up to 3/4 inch bit, but then you may have problems with jetting and need carb work to get power band back to snuff.
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Minitor911

Sounds good. Any notable performance gains?

Tiger

Quote from: reckon on March 15, 2007, 11:40:50 PM

8).......TIGER....... 8)

can you post a pic? 

TIA  tiger
Reckon,
I e-mailed you some pic's, as requested.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

vavision

email? post them or email me too! :P slongstreet gmail com

The obvious taken out for spam bot reasons
It's not about living, it's about living well. Enjoy each moment.

h2olawyer

This photo of Bryan Wagner's V in the Gallery shows how the MAC system looks.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

reckon

Quote from: Tiger on March 16, 2007, 05:27:06 AM
Quote from: reckon on March 15, 2007, 11:40:50 PM

8).......TIGER....... 8)

can you post a pic? 

TIA  tiger
Reckon,
I e-mailed you some pic's, as requested.

thank you very much, yes I did receive them,.......

now to be a total pain in the gluteous maximus , can you please post a pic of the OTHER side?
(the side that has no pipes)

oO0 (I wish one pipe went up each side, ala stock, or it was a two into one (four into one?)

I might just bite the wallet and get the predator system. or B.O.L for a super trapp

Tiger

Quote from: vavision on March 16, 2007, 05:55:01 PM
email? post them or email me too! :P slongstreet gmail com

The obvious taken out for spam bot reasons

:)...E-mail on its way to you... 8)

reckon

bump

does anyone have a pic of a V with MAC pipes, from the left side of the bike

I'm curious as to what it looks like now with nothing there.

Night Vision

go to the gallery...

Franken Vision (middle of first page) also look towards bottom of second page

yeah, that's the one... also shows what a black engine looks like

V
V
V
;D

h2olawyer

If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Coil Coyle

Reckon,
           If you look at the medium blue Vision with the cut down fairing on the Kingman ride, you can see the left side pipe that Ron McCoy built. There is also a nice shot of TDubs flat trackers pipes, look how he lengthened the rear header.

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/uH2sG9cc? you can pick photos from the album or watch them all in photoshow.

The SPEC II pipes are single pipes that go up each side, I've got a set. They spread the power band, one pipe is too long and one pipe is too short...

I really like Superflys SuperTrapp design, maybe with a longer forward run under the engine with the rear loop to lengthen the rear header...

;)
Coil

Coil Coyle

Reckon,
           There are several more shots of Ron's left exhaust on this ride, it's still the medium blue one. You can singles view in the Album tab.

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/Tx9Wq5jt

Coil

Walt_M.

FYI, the Spec IIs work fine on my '83 with stock jetting. Guess that's because the stock jetting is for unequal pipe length.
Whale oil beef hooked!