News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Fuel Springs

Started by Kenny, March 27, 2007, 12:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny

An item or tip for all of you people who have changed your brake lines- keep the springs from the lower hoses, I use them over my fuel lines on the 83 near the petcock to stop the lines from folding over and reducing the fuel flow to & from the carbs. I would not put springs on the fuel lines between the two cylinders  underneath the carbs as it would be to hot increase the fuel temp in the lines.
                           Have fun  Ken S.     
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

Night Vision

what springs? I have worked on 4 82's and not seen any springs on the lower part of any of the brake hoses.

Is this one of those '83 only things?
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Brian Moffet

Hmm, it could be an 83 only thing, they are loosely wound springs around the lower part of the brake line.  I'm probably going to use them to protect fuel and YICS lines.

Brian

Tiger

Quote from: Vision Rising on March 27, 2007, 03:15:48 PM

... protect fuel and YICS lines.

Brian

???...Wot's a YIC's line for... ??? ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Brian Moffet

Quote from: Tiger on March 27, 2007, 06:47:12 PM
???...Wot's a YIC's line for... ??? ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

It's for when my bike starts running.

Lucky

That's the second YICS dis this week.. I know where this is going..  next it'll be "how many YICS's does it take to screw in a light bulb" jokes.. then we'll be hearing from the YICS-ACLU.....
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

kiawrench

YICS Police-
   i also used springs
fuel lines external springs
yics hoses -internal springs
vac lines , external hand wound mecanics wire to look like springs

but then, i am using spiral wire channels, an ungodly amount of 3 inch wire ties, aftermarket "braided "look hose sleeve material ,chrome hose clamps (used in chrome dress up kits ) and  alot of other napa part store items on my vision update -

keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

h2olawyer

While all the springs sould like a great idea, I question the use of internal springs on the YICS hoses, though.  I'm not a fan of the possibility of the springs deteriorating in that environment & sending little chunks of spring into the heads.  It may be a small chance, but I still wouldn't risk it.

Just my $0.02

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Kenny

I have only tried the external springs on the Fuel lines the reason being by the time you add a fuel filter even with an 90 ' fittings you still have  hoses that collapse from the tight angled turns.   I use fuel injection hose on the YICS and as the hoses make no sharp turns see no need for external springs.  ;) Ken S.
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

Lucky

Kenny, the YICS hoses are prone to getting sucked flat. it shouldn't happen if you do regular maintenance & the hoses are in good shape. i i sprung mine anyway, i'm lazy & might forget, lol

ps2/bikevision

hmm i remember somthing about a yics when i first got my vision but soon forgot about it till the third one. it had this weird triangle box on the right side. when i asked what it was and was told it was the yics i finally found out what everyone was talking about. ;D

and for the life of me i cant remember what box i put it in.

h2olawyer

Your memory is already going?!?  Just think what it will be like when you start aging like many of the rest of us.  What was this thread about?  Oh yeah, fuel springs.  Sure wish I had one of those in my yard.  Having gasoline bubble up from the ground would sure save me some cash!  Might require a hefty fuel filter, though.   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

jasonm.

YICS hose. Jeezzz, doesn't every one just use quality fuel hose?
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Lucky

because even the good reinforced stuff doesn't last long

jasonm.

excuse me...the original hose was single wall. Thus would collapse. Any double wall reinforced rubber fuel line will last and last.  I have only changed mine once. Due to my own goof of damage(klutzy me).

Tiger

::) Remove the Yike's!!!...Remove the problem ::) ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

jasonm.

'82s run significantly better at low rpm with the YICS. My '83 just slightly better down low. You can make one cheap if needed.