News:

Main Menu

AFR readings on a Vision?

Started by Glyn, April 15, 2007, 06:51:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glyn

Just wondered if anyone had ever hooked up an AFR meter to a standard Vision to see what readings were produced at various RPM's. I'm asking since I have a basic one set up on my bike (heated Bosch sensor), for my Weber jetting. The readings are in the "normal" range up to about 4500rpm then as the main jets start to kick in goes very rich and actually goes off the scale. I'm running 125 main jets with 2 1/2 inch velocity stacks with an unrestricted K&N  filter. It's pulling hard and strong and is not putting out any black smoke etc. I think when compared to the Mikuni mains it's probably a bit lean if anything, although the pump on the Weber prob gives a larger shot of gas when you hit the throttle hard as compared to the Mikuni. This may be compensating for it.  I tried it on 120 mains and it definitely goes much better on the 125's. 

louthepou

If I'm not mistaken, bikes have been jetted (or now programmed) to be lean in the lower portion of the range, since the tests done to measure their air pollution level is never done at full throttle. But the best air to fuel ratio for power is not the best for the air quality - hence, often, a difference between low and high rpm mix "richness". I could be wrong, that's just from vague memory.

Lou "swiss cheese memory"
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic