News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

JBWeld the YICS?

Started by Extent, September 13, 2004, 07:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Extent

I tried repairing the YICS once already with a sheet of gasket matierial and black permatex, but it failed horribly after some 200 miles in 104 deg weather for some reason.  Right now I've got a sheet of Lexan JB welded onto the bottom half of the YICS, and as amusing as it is to watch the air charge suck in and out, the lexan is not up to the task and is starting to crack and seperate from the weld in the heat.  So here's the question, is there any reason to not JB weld the two halves of the YICS back together?  I couldn't think of any reason why making a new gasket for it would be better, but I wanted to confer with the masters before doing something that would force me to cut the sucker open again ;D
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

Lucky

I used Yamabond & clamped it overnight, so I see no reason JB weld wouldn't work...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

harry_angel69

JB Weld makes an extremely good bond to plastic.  You might not be able to separate them agian without damaging them permantly.
Don't tell me about your "gonna do" projects.  Just do it already.  I don't want any coulda, shoulda, woulda in my life.

jasonm.

JB Quikweld has work for thousands of miles for me. Yamabond aslo works if the 2 halves fit tightly.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules