25 Year Celebration Call!

Started by h2olawyer, May 10, 2007, 09:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron_McCoy

Visionless, don't forget X-Vision is in B-town too.  We don't want to leave out 1/3 of the BROV(Bakersfield Riders of Vision).  I filled him in on the ride at work today.

Ron_McCoy

VisionMeister, glad to hear you made it home OK.  We were thinking about you all the way back. Have you heard from Supervision? Almost everone is accounted for except SV, Vic and Chet.

supervision

I'm home, I'm just speechless, don't know where to start on my report of such a fine time.  Got home Friday at 9 PM
" border="0

h2olawyer

Now, when we hear from Dark Vision & Chet, all will be accounted for!  Glad to hear supervision & VisionMeister made it safely home.  Quite a week of riding.  As for Chet's tire - I'm thinking probably east of Reno someplace.  Sure wasn't much left on Thursday.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

I think you are neglecting to remember he did have a whole roll of 3M 33 black electrical tape
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

visionless

Wtih that tape he's good until at least our Spring ride!
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

h2olawyer

Oh that's right.  He may be good for a few more YEARS with that stuff.  The slick side may make the corners a bit dicey, though.   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

supervision

Spring in the Rockies, what lush greens and water everywhere.  The accomidations were perfect, having the first floor of the building to park and an elevator to the floors.  The rides were just the right length, and the weather was mild, no rain!  Our shared meals were lots of fun too.   Great people telling all there best lies, we now know what QBS stands for.   On Thursday I left over some of the road we covered on Tues, and traveled all the way North to Hwy 80, for a return trip thru Salt Lake City.  I pulled into Miller Motorsports Park after dinner and explained my way into the track for free!  I told the guy that I only had alittle time to watch practice in the morning, and had to get going for the rest of my way to California.  As soon as I got out of the pick-up, I see team Ferraici changing a motor on the MV, so naturally I go staright over and start visiting and taking pictures.  They were super relaxed and freindly, and Elraldo starts asking me were I'm from and whats happening. I tell him the story of the Vision rally, and how we all got together, I say you probably don't know of Vision's, he says, sure I do I'm a Yama dealer!   What a trip!  Slept poorly in the truck, walked all over the place in the morning, looked at some practice, then split for home by 10 AM     Also talked to a kid riding one of the Aprilia v twins in the Motard races, he was leading the points comming into the event, said he grew up riding with JR Schanble! knew about Visions for sure.
" border="0

h2olawyer

Great write-up sv!

I really like the people who operate Miller Motorsports Park.  Very willing to help out & do what's right.  Glad you had such a positive experience there.  It's a great facility - especially for the competitors.  Haven't spent any time in the grandstands, always working when I've been there.  However, they make an awesome Philly cheesesteak sandwich at one of the consession stands.

Sounds like the race teams were great, too.  Was the Yamaha dealer amazed that so many Visions were still running & in one place?   :D

H2O

X-Vision

This Vision will be ready for next one....... Where ever it may be............

Ron_McCoy

VisionMeister - How did YOUR tire look when you got home?

X-Vision

What are you riding on Meister? Are you still on those Venoms? Have you tried the Pirelli's.
             Will see you at the next one. Oh, that sattle swap is greatly apreciated.

h2olawyer

VisionMeister was on a new set of Avon RoadRiders (the replacement for the Super Venoms).  They looked great after his trip out here & all the riding through the week.  I'll let him post about how well he likes or dislikes them.

H2O

X-Vision

Yes,please.. Always in search of input from the wize...

kwells

the only thing I can say about those tires is they stick well even when pushed hard and in varying temps.  Was only able to lock the front tire in dusty conditions while moving about 4mph
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

supervision

H2O, those consesion stands are first class, everything is quality built and staffed.  Unreal place.  The free arm band would only get me in the general admission grandstand, couldn't see much was my only problem.. The people camped on the other side of the track were getting the best views of the bikes cornering, I was just seeong pit out and straight speed.  I should have got a picture of Ferraci sitting on my bike, may be hooking his laptop to it,  haha
" border="0

zore

Quote from: Night Vision on June 23, 2007, 04:10:28 PM
glad to see you finally have some pics of the host  :D :D

that first picture with the four V's is epic, Zore would approve...

btw, glad to see that since Zore couldn't make it... at least his woodchuck did  ;)

I just spit out my coffee thru my nose.  And that is a nice image.  Hope ya'll had a 6 pack of woodchuck cider.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

Aelwulf

Quote from: visionless on June 25, 2007, 12:27:06 PM
We would love to have you Aelwulf.  We usually have two a year and the next one will probably be in the Spring.  Depending on where you end up out here we can do a ride almost anytime.  Glen is in Santa Barbara and myself and Ron_Mccoy are in and around Bakersfield.  We are always ready for a ride.  Let us know when you get situated.
              Chris

I should be in the Santa Maria area.

Not sure where Lookout Mountain is, we'll see how mine holds up to regular use.  Worked fine coming to work today except a stutter-start at the gas pump.  Norad Road isn't bad on a bike. ;)

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

darkvision

Hi All,
Chet and I made it home back home to the SF Bay Area on Saturday afternoon. Amazingly Chet's tire made it though it looks like a worn racing slick. We made to the Bonneville Salt Flats and camped out the first nignt and rode the rest of the way home to Livermore with an early start on Saturday.
The winds were pretty strong in Utah, Nevada and in CA along Hwy 5 and 580. Both rides ran great the whole trip. One casualty of the trip was Chet's gascan coming off at 75mph near Salt Lake.

H20, please accept our deepest appreciation for organizing a fanatastic get-together with great roads, great facilities and best of all bringing together our new and continuing friends. The camaraderie, laughs and fun was priceless. The past week has been incredidle and the most fun I've ever had on 2 wheels.

To our CROV brothers and sisters ( Craig, Dave, Glenn, Ron and  Sharon, Chris, Chet will be looking forward to seeing you at the next CROV ride. Y'all rock!!!

To our new friends; Robert, Don, Kenny, Kevin, Inanecathode ( Shaggy), Bob and Kathy, and Rex , it great meeting you and we hope to see you again at future events. Please stay in touch .

Thanks everyone for a fabulous time and a great adventrue.

Vic

h2olawyer

Glad you & Chet had a safe ride home & that Chet's tire made it.  We were all a bit concerned about it.  Hope we can get together for more riding in the future!

H2O

(Alewulf - Lookout Mountain is due West of Golden, just North of I-70.)