News:

Main Menu

25 Year Celebration Call!

Started by h2olawyer, May 10, 2007, 09:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h2olawyer

Must look pretty good, considering what those roads do for creating perma-grin!   ;D ;D ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

h2olawyer

I am currently lining up the services of a BBQ catering service for one dinner during the week.  I won't commit to it until I hear from those attending if they would be interested in such an event.  You can look up the outfit here:  www.jrsgrill.com

Thought a big dinner we could all attend would be a fun thing to do one evening.  Let me know if you're interested!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

ProfessorRex

BBQ oh man, count me out.... HAHA NOT!!!!! I'm definitely interested!

::EDIT::
What about Punch and Pie?
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

visionless

Quote from: ProfessorRex on May 15, 2007, 11:10:56 PM
BBQ oh man, count me out.... HAHA NOT!!!!! I'm definitely interested!

::EDIT::
What about Punch and Pie?

I gotta know what's in this punch and pie.  Cause it sounds like you gotta monkey on your back.  Is the pie anything like Uncle Herb's Special Brownies?
                Chris
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

h2olawyer

Probably right out of the Alice B. Toklas Cookbook.   :D

Haven't heard from the BBQ guy yet but I figure he'll be in touch Wednesday.

H2O

ProfessorRex

Quote from: visionless on May 16, 2007, 12:27:22 AM
...anything like Uncle Herb's Special Brownies?

Quote from: h2olawyer on May 16, 2007, 12:31:00 AM
Probably right out of the Alice B. Toklas Cookbook.   :D

I did go to college in Boulder CO.
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

h2olawyer

inanecathode

Quote from: h2olawyer on May 16, 2007, 12:57:50 AM
Quote from: ProfessorRex on May 16, 2007, 12:55:18 AM
I did go to college in Boulder CO.

Enough said . . .   ::)

H2O

I went to school in Nederland enough said!
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

h2olawyer

So far, the confirmed list includes:

h2olawyer
ProfessorRex
inanecathode
VisionMeister
supervision
don_vanacek
kwells
coilXZcoyle
glennw
Ron & Sharon McCoy
Visionless + family
Mr. & Mrs. QBS
clockmaker (a Ft. Collins friend, GTS & Venture rider)

That makes at least a dozen Visions, all together for a week!  Hope the collective stators don't start a forest fire!   ;D

H2O

Night Vision

let's see, if my math is correct... 12 is 4 more than 8....

that would be a new record indeed.

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

visionless

Quote from: Night Vision on May 23, 2007, 08:38:33 PM

2006 Fall CROV had 12 Visions attend with photos to prove it. If I could figure out how to put pictures on the site I'd pot one.
         Chris
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

inanecathode

Quote from: visionless on May 24, 2007, 09:37:40 AM
Quote from: Night Vision on May 23, 2007, 08:38:33 PM

2006 Fall CROV had 12 Visions attend with photos to prove it. If I could figure out how to put pictures on the site I'd pot one.
         Chris

Try tinypic.com or photobucket.com

don_vanecek

Awe, looks like no one east of the Missouri River is coming, oh well, to bad, so sad, we will send you pictures!

Well now to think of what I need to do to the V yet so it will hopefully go 2000 miles with no problems. I think I'm about there, however as much as I hate dumping $12.00 of Yama lube (with only a few hundred miles on it), I am going to change it early as I worry I picked up some metal from my fly wheel rubbing against the case. I'm going to go back to a 20w-50 semi syn as I had in last summer. I also need to change my anti-freeze and I will re-scyn the carbs (nice to do as I have my own manometer). Hope my brake line comes in yet. I'm also talking to another ROV member about a seat exchange (but we need to see what the shipping costs will be yet).

I'm getting excited, for me this is sort of a "the stars and planets have lined up just right" situation !  Hopefully it will be a prelude to a get together in a future year with some of our eastern and Canadian friends???

Night Vision

Don, not to say you shouldn't sync your carbs... you should if they need it... but

expect your Vision to run differently when you get to Colorodeo...

unless of course, you have the external latitude and altitude adjustment upgrade   ::)
when I got back down from OnRov, SmokeBomb started behaving lots mo better.  :)
;D

kwells

we should pre-buy some larger air jets that can be swapped for those attending from lower elevations.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

don_vanecek

I figure all I can do is get it as well tuned as possible before I go. I understand it will most likely run differently up in the mountains-lets just hope its not to drastically different! After all, I didn't see a pool mentioned at the Condo's H2O has for us!

inanecathode

I ride my vision up here all the time, heck my driveway is 9500 feet, and i dont notice any glaring performance problems. Shouldnt have to rejet anything..

Night Vision

that's because your jets are plugged   ::)
;D

glennw

H20.. sent you a pm..
I will be need a bed from the 16th -20th
GlennW
;D
Half Mad Max

inanecathode

Quote from: Night Vision on May 24, 2007, 03:08:41 PM
that's because your jets are plugged   ::)

This was before it was running strangely.