News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

25 Year Celebration Call!

Started by h2olawyer, May 10, 2007, 09:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

any different air jets would be for those coming from low elevations and running on 120s or similar. 
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

Im not sure if any colorado visionaries are running different jetting, unless yamaha pre jets them for altitude
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

kwells

I believe they did. H20 can provide better factoids regarding that though.

www.wellsmoto.com

glennw

I'm ready to go.. and the V is acting strange.....
Well I just might have to bring to the DRZ with the street tires..
No more stators please!
See you in all in A COUPLE OF WEEKS!
GlennW
Half Mad Max

darkvision

Hi Y'all,
Sorry I haven't posted in a while but I didn't relocate the topic since it has moved several times. My brother and I are still planning on attending. Hopefully we can still get a 1 bdrm condo. I see several of our new CROV friends are going to be there. I'll PM H2O with our info. This is going to be great! See you guys in 3 weeks.
Vic

h2olawyer

When I bought my V new from the dealer in Steamboat Springs, in the Summer of 84, they told me they had done the Yamaha carb upgrade to it & it was running the 135 air jets front & rear.  I believe that's what came with the carb upgrade kit.  I am wanting to play with jetting on the Pumpkin Project at higher elevations.  Want to try 137.5 or 140 for the air jets.  The 135s do tend to get pretty wimpy up high - 10,000 ft. or so.  One ride gets over 12,000 ft. (Trail Ridge) and we may attempt to scale Mt. Evans @ over 14.000 ft.  Yes, it is paved clear to the top.

Winter Park is at around 8,000 ft.  The 135 air jets work just fine at that elevation.  I'll have some extra 135s for those who need them & I may even have some 137.5s or 140s.  I plan to do some playing with the jets now that I'm back home until the party begins!  Still have some things to finish on Pumpkin & Silver V - ranging from paint & steering bearings on Pumpkin to the 83 fuel system on Silver V.  Will be doing the jetting tests on Pumpkin as I put miles on it to check dependability.

I see we have two new confirmed attendees - darkvision and his brother will be here!  Welcome aboard!!!  That makes 13 to 14 Vs showing up at some point during the week!  Also, if comatt can show up for any of the festivities, we have the possibility of 15 Vs all in the same place at the same time.  Too cool for words.   8)

H2O

If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

inanecathode

I dunno about that, i'd say 'cool' is a good word for it :P

kwells

I was doing some testing a couple summers ago with air jets ...at St. Louis elevation and the 140 jets didnt feel right.  I didnt have the 137.5's on hand though.  But the 135's did work nicely.  The 140's might be pretty nice for the 5000+ elevation (Denver and above) though.

www.wellsmoto.com

don_vanecek

All right, I have done my starter clutch, changed my anti-freeze, changed my oil (again), fixed (temporary)my gas tank leak, did a seat exchange, put my manometer on (and happy say the carbs were almost perfect, didn't touch em!) and put in a new battery.  My engine idles with no problems, I rode over 80 miles today, some of those miles at 70-75 mph with no problems. I'm ready to go, Colorado here I come!

kwells

awesome don,
I'll be wrapping up most of my projects around next weekend.  Still am waiting on my tires and progressive springs.

cyall there

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

Here is the roommate setup I came up with - for now.  If you have any problems with it, let me know ASAP!!!

3br condo:
  h2olawyer: (6/16 â€" 22)
   In this unit:
      ProfessorRex(6/16 â€" 22)
      don_vanacek  (6/16 â€" 22)
      Glenn_W (6/16 â€" 20)
      inanecathode (6/17 â€" 18  (?))
      kwells (6/19 â€" 22 (?))
                         comatt (?)
                         clockmaker (?)

1br condo:
visionmeister: (6/17 â€" 22)
   Share with supervision (6/17 â€" 22)

2 br condo:
Ron & Sharon McCoy: (6/17 â€" 22)
   Share with visionless & family  (6/17 â€" 22)

2 br condo:
Mr & Mrs QBS (6/17 - ?)
           Share with dark vision & brother (6/17 â€" 20)

There are a bunch of prizes & surprises on their way!  Our ROV'er of the year is an honorary attendee.  Thanks Tiger!!!

As you can see, some of us plan to be there on 6/17 and some are staying through 6/22 or maybe even 6/23.

If you have any input, let me know.

Should anyone feel like it, contact the motorcycle magazines to let them know of the meet.  I wanted to, but a combination of getting busy with life away from the V & my leaky memory, it just never got done.

Catered BBQ is tentatively set for Monday evening (6/18).  Plan on $15 - $20 per adult.  More details to come.

Tentative Ride Schedule:

Monday - Loveland Pass - CO Hwy 9 - US 40 (easy, mostly wide sweepers, fast ride)
              157 miles - with Gore Pass & Rabbit Ears Pass tossed in = 280 miles
Tuesday - Mt Evans - Bear Creek Canyon - Lookout Mountain  (Twisty City)
               181 miles
Wednesday - Snowy Range Road (southern WYO!)  (mix - twisty, sweepers, straights, twisties & LONG!)
                   325 miles
Thursday - Trail Ridge Road - to the construction zone on East side or Estes Park if the delay isn't too long.  (Slow & scenic)
                148 miles - or with Cameron Pass & Willow Creek Pass = 273 miles
Friday - Clear Creek Canyon - Peak to Peak Hwy - Big Thompson Canyon - Poudre Canyon - Cameron Pass - Willow Creek Pass  (scenic mix)
            186 miles

That's 997 miles for the short routes or 1245 for the full routes; an average of  200 - 249 miles per day.  Hope everyone is ready to ride!  Just worked it all out on MS Streets & Trips.  Will need to print out the maps, scan them & then I can post or email them to all interested.  Give me a few days to get that done, though.

H2O

If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

how are we working the cash thing?

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

I am SO going on friday with you guys. Maybe not staying over night, but all those rides are my territory, i live that scenery :D

h2olawyer

Quote from: kwells on June 07, 2007, 01:18:22 AM
how are we working the cash thing?

Not exactly sure what you mean, but for those staying a night or two in the 3 br unit, just pay those of us there for the full time & we will divvy it up appropriately.

Quote from: inanecathode on June 07, 2007, 01:23:50 AM
I am SO going on friday with you guys. Maybe not staying over night, but all those rides are my territory, i live that scenery :D

If you want & can swing it, you can meet us on the road at your house that day & head on up to WP - return home on Saturday.  I knew you would like that ride!

The BBQ caterers haven't gotten back in touch with me yet.  The schedule may change - I want a shorter ride on that day, so we have time to rest & clean up before eating.  The routes are fairly well set, but the days they run are subject to change.  Weather may also dictate what, when & where we ride.  Mountain weather is never totally predictable!

H2O

inanecathode

Yeah, right on, i could meet you guys at the gas station that day if you're going through gilpin that day

don_vanecek

WOW!  That's about as many miles as I put on each riding season! Can't wait. Now I better get back to work, have one of those jobs you bust your buns to catch up all your possible work before taking off, then when you get back you find yourself spending the next couple of weeks catching up again (except for emergency's no one covers my work when I'm gone).

glennw

Sounding good H20!

I knew there was a reason I am bringing a back up bike!
1250 miles in a week might just kill my V..  :-\

Let's Ride!
GlennW      ;D
Half Mad Max

h2olawyer

Don - add in your round trip mileage from home & you are getting closer to 2.5 or 3 years of riding in.  It's about 1/2 of the miles I've been getting in the past few years.

Back-up bike is not a bad idea.  Mine will be ridden by ProfessorRex, though.

Of all that mileage, less than 100 miles total is on Interstate or divided highway & that is spread over 3 rides.  The ride to Estes Park may be a short one.  Trail Ridge Road is currently undergoing major reconstruction.  They're working on some of the "lower" section near Estes Park through June & will also be doing the high elevation stuff starting in July.  At least we will have only one construction zone for that ride.  If the delay is too long, we may just turn around and head back to Winter Park.  We will get most of the rest of that planned ride on the Peak 2 Peak - Cameron Pass ride anyway.

Make sure your Vs are as ready to go as possible & your tires are in decent shape.  Nobody is obligated to ride every day if they, or their bike, don't feel up to the challenge.

H2O

kwells

could always take the dirt road instead of Trail Ridge eh?

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

Fall River Road (I assume that's the road you meant) is a great drive - but it is one way from the Estes Park side to the Alpine Visitor's Center.  Wouldn't help going to the East.  Glenn_W could do it on his backup bike, though!

H2O