News:

Main Menu

25 Year Celebration Call!

Started by h2olawyer, May 10, 2007, 09:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny

Hi Folks,
      I just managed to get some time off & plan on heading out to the 25th Celebration. I had tried earlier to get time off but was refused.
   I plan on leaving after my next set of afternoons and that would see me heading off on midday of the 13th.This is around 1,660 miles or 2,679 kms and I'm guesstimating  at least three days.
   I'll bring a tent & sleeping bag as I'm in a bit late for sleeping accommodations.
        Hope to see you all at the Celebration!
                            Cheers Ken S.
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

kwells

thats awesome ken...looking forward to riding with you out here in CO
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

Ken -

We have room in the condo I reserved.  I got a 3br unit just for this reason.  There are currently 4 of us in it full time and one early in the week, another late.  It sleeps 6 comfortably.  You are welcome to room with us!  Unless you need to pay by credit card, you can just pay those of us who have paid for our shares of the condo so far.  Cash or check works for that.  If you need to pay by card, PM or email me & I'll get the info to you so you can call the condo management folks & pay your share.  Let me know how many nights you'll be staying (first night at condo & last night staying).

WOO HOO!  Although not all at the same time, we now have 14 Visions showing up!  (hope they all run -- inanecathode   ;)  )

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

what day is supposed to be the most visions?

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

Hey! I resemble that remark!
I got the whole week off save saturday (work driving me nuts anyway, so the time off will be nice)
All i have to do is get the fuse box in, the intake boots on, the fork seals, tune it, and thats it
oh and the brake switch... clutch switch... fairing...
paint the tank...

I'm pretty sure i'll make it! Probably wont have the fairing on (too much of a pain to mount it) but everything else wont take too long providing i can get some help doing the fork seals H2O
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

kwells

www.wellsmoto.com

Night Vision

Quote from: Kenny on June 09, 2007, 12:47:15 PM
Hi Folks,
      I just managed to get some time off & plan on heading out to the 25th Celebration. I had tried earlier to get time off but was refused.
   I plan on leaving after my next set of afternoons and that would see me heading off on midday of the 13th.This is around 1,660 miles or 2,679 kms and I'm guesstimating  at least three days.
   I'll bring a tent & sleeping bag as I'm in a bit late for sleeping accommodations.
        Hope to see you all at the Celebration!
                            Cheers Ken S.

jeepers Ken, you sure are rackin up the kms on Dorothy's V  ;)

Here's a toast to a safe and trouble free ride... (gulp, glub, chug)
if you need spare parts on the journey .... just log on and I'm sure we will all do what we can to email you a part... or get something overnighted to a motel or brothel if you get stuck in Utah... or is that Nevada?.
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

don_vanecek

Kenny, what route are you looking at taking??

inanecathode

Quote from: kwells on June 09, 2007, 03:08:43 PM
you get your boots in yet?

Not yet, they havent come yet, probably monday.
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.

Kenny

I will be going through Toronto then Sarnia, then working my way west on Interstates due to the time factor, Not my favourite way of travelling.
     Thanks H2O about the bed I will throw in my part when I see you people.
    NV how close are you to FEDEX depot??   

On the Road again.. ;D
                                        Cheers  Ken S.
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

Night Vision

Quote from: Kenny on June 09, 2007, 07:42:02 PM

NV how close are you to FEDEX depot??   

UPS picks up daily at my office, US Post Offices are within walking distance of home and work, FEDEX is a couple miles from either work or home... (work is only 8 miles from home)

I'll pm you my home and work number, work and home email.... I have practically any part you might need because of the project bike underway...

if you or Don are in a pinch, I've got your backs

;D

h2olawyer

Kenny -

If you are planning on coming through on I-80, get in touch with don vanacek.  He's riding his V from Omaha, Nebraska.  Maybe you can do some travelling together.

Nevada has the brothels - Utah is the land of Brigham Young.  In other words, there are very odd liquor laws (surprised alcohol is even available there).  However, if you join the ultra conservative branch of the Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints (Mormons), they still practice plural marriage.  Utah is still heavily influenced by the church.  They do have great skiing, scenery & Miller Motorsports Park is awesome.  At least they modernized some of the liquor laws when they hosted the Winter Olympics a few years ago.  The people there are also some of the nicest you'll find anywhere.  But, since you will be coming from the East, you won't get to either Utah or Nevada.

H2O

If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Kenny

;D Hey N.V. -thats great I got your PM hopefully I/ we won't need any parts, but its peace of mind knowing your in the background. ;)
                                Thks Ken S.
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

comatt

I don't think I will be able to show up during the week, but were you guys planning on any rides the 16 or 17.  Sat night/Sun maybe the only time I will be able to come up.  If you don't have any rides planned for early Sunday then I might just come up Sunday morning and hangout.

comatt

h2olawyer

No formally planned rides for Sunday.  Most people will be arriving that day.  Glenn W and I will be there Saturday & I'll be going to DIA to collect Professor Rex Saturday evening.  Come up & hang out Sunday!  An informal ride into Rocky Mountain National Park is possible - even likely.

H2O

Kenny

jeepers Ken, you sure are rackin up the kms on Dorothy's V   

Here's a toast to a safe and trouble free ride... (gulp, glub, chug)
if you need spare parts on the journey .... just log on and I'm sure we will all do what we can to email you a part... or get something overnighted to a motel or brothel if you get stuck in Utah... or is that Nevada?.
Damn it NV would you believe someone wants me to Truck the Bike out :D !!??
                       Cheers Ken S. ;D
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

Night Vision

;D

don_vanecek

Ken, I pm'ed you the other day, since I'm not sure the electronic age is 100% dependable let me know if you didn't get it. As time is getting short I will send you another pm in a minute with phone numbers I can be reached at. If you reply by email be sure to go thought the ROV net, I can't pull up my home email at the office. 

Thanks

Don V.

QBS

H2, How about you posting daily updated weather forecasts in this thread, for the Winter Park area during our time there so we can plan our riding gear needs? Cold, rain, snow, hot, cool, whats it going to be?  I've been watching the national radar for the last several days and it seems that rain is always in the area.  Cheers.

kwells

Seems up in the hills there is always a chance of rain (10%) most days.  I get spattered about 50% of the time I head up to about 10k feet but it is usually short lived.  I was just up at winter park 2 days ago and it was cool but was not cold at any time.  It is a bit colder on the Mt. Evans route though as the snow up there is testament to.  I would say the most I would bring to counter the weather are maybe lightweight solid leather gloves if you hands are prone to getting cold, you jacket liner, and some rain gear.  I've never even worn the rain gear I have even though I seem to get wet when I don't want to.

www.wellsmoto.com