News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

25 Year Celebration Call!

Started by h2olawyer, May 10, 2007, 09:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Vision

phewww... glad pops is ok... I don't think the meet would have been the same without you..
have fun
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

h2olawyer

Now, there may be as many as 16 Vs in attendance!  We'll be looking to hear form you coil & hopefully see you during the week!

Thanks for the kind words, NV.  They help a ton!

Now, I NEED to finish packing so I can get out of here!  Otherwise, Professor Rex may end up sitting at DIA without a ride waiting for him.  I'll check back in before I hit the road.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tanno

Where exactly are we meeting? At the lodge?

I mean, I know where Winter Park is and I have a place to stay in Granby..... but where am I to meet up with you guys when I get there?
Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

kwells

whew...what a day!
Last night was surreal seeing that many visions of equally varying flavors.  Some dinner, conversations, and beers got the introductions going just fine.  Some Vision late night tuning and tire kicking as well.

This morning I got up at around 730 for a final high elevation mixture/sync for good measure and had some breakfast cooked up by Don V. 

We pulled out at 9:18 and head from Winter Park up Berthoud Pass. I found myself in the lead on this segment of the ride since I've done it several times before.  It put quite  a grin on my face going up to the summit and seeing my entire mirror filled with Vision headlights.  After going through some tight switchbacks and several 15mph(yeah right) turns we got down to the bottom and hopped on 70 W to Loveland Pass.  I had never done that road but I knew the destination so up we went to another insanely twisty road.  We stopped up at the top of that summit (about 11900 ft) and wait for the couple in the rear.  After that we hopped back on Rt. 6 and headed toward Silverthorne and then off for some lunch in Kremmling.  I broke off from there and had to head to work in Denver but should be back out there on tues night or wed morn early for another epic ride.  I think the internet is sorta shotty out there so Im not sure there will be many postings.  I'll try to get up pics tomorrow morn of what I have so far.

Tanno PM me if you need directions or phone numbers to get a hold of someone.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

hfarley

I am soo jealous!! I am sitting here (in my nice, lacy, yet roomy, night gown) reading about you guys having all the fun.  :( I wish I was there with you guys! I have been banned from riding the bike but thats ok because I am not sure I could even get on/off of it at this point. LOL! My little one just had a growth spurt in the last two weeks and I am feeling huge. I hope I don't have too much longer to go before I deliver. I am ready to get back on the bike. LOL! Please post pictures when you can for those of us who are getting this experience through all of you attending. And please one night when the gang is sitting around shooting the breeze have a beer or two for me. (Another thing that I am craving. LOL! ) Have fun everyone and ride safe!
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

glennw

Monday's Ride Rocked!  265 miles ..no problems!
Go V's!!!
GlennW
Half Mad Max

Night Vision

;D

dj

Take a ride for me as well as Heather.  My bike is toasted right now (or at least the starter soleniod is) so it looks like my riding season is going to be really short (that's if I can get any riding in this year)...
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

Coil Coyle

I quit the painkillers two days ago and took Odium's Vision out for a 50 mile Applegate to Evans Creek ride today to test my shoulder. The Vision runs great and the little luggage case on the back doesn't mess up the handling. It still has the stock bearings in the steering head and they are fine, the 83 forks and brakes work well. The tapered bearings came with it and are in the luggage. It's got the 82 soft rear shock but being able to jack your pegs up with the throttle was a fond memory of commuting old Hwy 58 to the wind farm past Tehachipi on my Dad's Vision. Not a high speed sweeper kind of suspension though.

So, the bikes willing, I'm old and sore tonight. I better try for next year. You guys ride safe and take lots of pictures, please.

;)
Coil

kwells

Stand by for pictures
Inane's and my bike

The Visions started showing up to the garage sunday night

The View from the Condo balcony...gotta love that eh?

Meet some of the dudes

The Visions sitting at Loveland Pass...What a road!

www.wellsmoto.com

kwells

Snapping some pics while we wait for a couple more V's

www.wellsmoto.com

Night Vision

nice pics!

glad to see inane got the GreenHornet mobile  :D

what did you do with Kenny  ????  I saw Dot's V in the garage....
;D

kwells

Kenny had to head back to Canada early in the am before we took off since it is a 3 day trip one way. Don V and Rob were in the backfield during the making of those pics.  Guess we tore through Berthoud and Loveland Pass at what I would call a spirited rate of acceleration.  I'll be heading up probably early in the morning and will take a bunch more pics...I wish I remembered everyone's names so I could provide a better narrative for those of you 'listening' to the updates as they can make it to cyberworld.  I'll bring my laptop up there so I'll have better updates as the week progresses.

www.wellsmoto.com

Tiger

8) SUPERB guy's...Keep the picture's coming... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Lucky

love the pics, I SO want to see video of all those V's comming around a curve!!!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

kwells

maybe tomorrow I'll do a setup shot on a nice switchback or good leaner  curve.  I dont have a camcorder...just a digital cam but it'll do a good few mins of decent video...complete with sound.

www.wellsmoto.com

glennw

9:22 am Wednesday...Having a ball!
GlennW
Half Mad Max

glennw

Happy Wednesday.. Most of the folks took a ride up to Georgetown
loop Railroad... for a little train ride. VisionMeister and Supervision took off
to do some road burning..(these guys are FAST)....a few others may have gone along. Rex and I are being bums in the local McDonalds use there wireless... just cathing up on phone calls and e-mail's..
We have been eating and drinking well... (and a lot!)
A shorter ride is planned for this afternoon.. we have been spending about six-eight hours a day riding.. Somany fantastic roads & tons great pavement here..
The weather is between 65-80 every day... just enough clouds to make you know you are at 8000 ft.. Sweet... Rob did a great job of planning!
GlennW
Half Mad Max

dj

Sounds like you guys are having a blast.  ;D Take a ride for me while you are out there.  I am stuck in a cage until I can get my bike running.
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

YellowJacket!

Man, I wish I was there. 

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)