25 Year Celebration Call!

Started by h2olawyer, May 10, 2007, 09:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

Quote from: DaveTN on June 20, 2007, 05:34:39 PM
Man, I wish I was there. 

David

:(....... DITTO....... :(
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

h2olawyer

I finally have a chance to post!

No ROV withdrawls with all these Visionaries running around.

We wish EVERYBODY was here!!!  ;D

The riding, roads & especially the people have been fantastic.  I've put close to 700 miles on my V this week so far.

Tomorrow the remaining Visionaries are hopefully going to climb Mt. Evans.  Highest paved road in North America!  Well over 14,000 ft!  Then it's down Bear Creek Canyon & back up Lookout Mountain.

Those of you who coiuldn't make it, are missing an epic event.  QBS told me to really rub it in.  ;D

My DV camera is acting up at the moment.  I'll finally have time to work with it tonight.  Unfortunately, several V's are headed back home tomorrow.  Won't be a ton of bikes anymore, but hopefully, I can get some small amount of footage.

People have been too busy riding to get action pix but I'll see if I can remedy that a bit tomorrow.  LOTS of people photos today.  Ron McCoy, his wife (Sharon), Visionless and his family, Don Vanacek and I were the group that did the Georgetown Loop RR ride.  Haven't had a chance to download the pix from my camera yet.

Don & I rode our Vs back over Berthouf Pass to get the the train ride.  Finally got my chicken strips a lot skinnier!  Those (15 MPH) switchbacks are well over 180 degrees and have a nice steady arc to them.  Talk about cornering practice!

More as time allows.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

hfarley

I am sooo jealous!!!Thanks for the pictures! It really seems as if everyone is having a great time! Keep being safe and looking forwrd to more pictures and stories!
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

Tiger

8) To-day, (21st June), is the longest day of the year... :o Soooooooo, you should be able to ride for an extra few.....Minute's ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
p.s. If you need an extra excuse to party... ::) to-day is also my birthday, Shhhhh, don't tell any-one ;D :D :D
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Kenny

Hi All,
     I had a great ride back to Wooler,no "V" problems, no Rain No tickets, what more can one ask for.It was great to put some names to all those ROV handles. I was only sorry I had to scoot on Monday as It sounds like "you all " had a fab ride.
  When I left I headed up to Laramie Wy & spent my 1st o/n at east of Omaha.Next night was in Michigan then back in Wooler last night in time for supper .
    What a great ride, I will post more later but now I'm trying to get my eyes to focus on a beer!!
         Cheers Ken S.
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

Tiger

8) Welcome home Kenny...Enjoy a Canadian beer or two... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Night Vision

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Kenny

Thanks Tiger!! & here's one for your support in the 25th!! Glug glug....aaah!I believe you donated some "Goodies " for the celebration,great idea. 
   I'll bet one day soon you will be packing up The "Vision" with  the wife & heading out West!!
                         See ya !
                                     Cheers Ken S.
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

inanecathode

WOO!
Just got back today, and BOY did i have fun. Hanging out with all the other visionaries, blasting around in north park, and scrubbing myself in mentally on berthoud pass. I put on quite a few miles on my odo, probably around 700-800 miles in all. Bike ran really great, no problems really, other than a front brake that decides it's going to apply itself, and a freakin geyser of gasoline out of my tank when i filled it up. Even in this short week, i've gotten alot better at doing twisties, and improving my panic response (from a straighten up and slow down to a tuck in and lean further).
I had such a blast with everyone, and even though i didn't partake in the wobbly pops that seemed to be everywhere, the best part about the whole meet was hanging out in the pits and talking with everyone. It was an AWESOME time and i really hope i get to attend another meet, just hearing all those v's running at once is worth it.

Things i did:
Quit unfolding and putting on the brakes in a turn if i think i'm in too fast, just tuck in and roll off the throttle
Tached it in 5th (going slightly downhill, no fairing, so that speedo looks pretty appetizing, glenn thinks my jacket looks like a stegosaurus)
Leaned my V over farther than i've ever had it before, even on accident
Bled my front brake more than i can count (it'd build pressure, then i'd let it off about twice a day)

Things i should have done:
Hang out and help ron change his stator, then gone on the mount evans ride
Went to bed earlier
Made everyone else go to bed earlier so we could ride more :D

Highlight reel:
GORE PASS! I think all present would agree that that road was designed for the vision (other than the shoulder and dirt berms  :-\). High speed and low speed predictable sweepers and awesome pavement quality. Grins around on that one.
Trail Ridge Road, very high altitude pass, way above tree line, epic geology, marmots, elks
Rex's adjustable supercharger intake that both sucks women's shirts off and steals money (lol)
Last night's hang out at the pits (abs still hurt from laughing so hard)
Berthoud pass, last run coming into winterpark, i feel i really pushed myself and got alot of scrubbing done
My gasoline fountain, put 91 octane in the tank just to see what it'd do, turns out it fountains out of the tank about an inch high and dumps about a quart of gas at the station, and another quart in the BBQ parking lot.
Tractor bike aftermath

All in all it was an awesome experience, i learned more about myself, other visionaries, and visions in general than i thought there was to know. It was as qbs said, epic.

PS
Don is a FANTASTIC cook, that was the best eats i've had in a while

PPS
Other than dave's barbeque in estes park

PPPS
Apparently, i'm shaggy from scooby doo :D
Like right on man!
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Tiger

Quote from: inanecathode on June 21, 2007, 11:32:37 PM
WOO!
Just got back today, and BOY did i have fun.

8) Good to know that you have enjoyed it after all the work that went into your "V"...A great way to get to know your Vision. All those mile's will certainly help "clean out" some of the grem's ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

glennw

I'm back in Sunny So Cal... and after 12 hours of sleep I'm feeling pretty good.
Man that was a sweet trip... The Vision ran flawless..I guess all that prep does pay off.  What a great group of people...

H20... Did a great job on the condo's and the rides! Well Done..

Don V... he should have his own bar & grill. We ate well!

Shaggy.. he liked my van (aka the mobile garage, "Do you have a...?")
He rides his V like a road bicycle and passed everyone on every straight downhill section.. with his spine like jacket...scooping up the air..

Rex.. his New Orleans stories are too funny..
He needs to open a Tractor supply company.

QBS and the Miss's... Why I always liked Texans! Good Folk..

Kenny... That guy can ride (when not stuck in traffic!) What a nice guy..ehh

Darkvision and his brother.. Rode it all the way from Northern Cal...!
I drove the 1200 miles (each way) and my ass was dragging when I got home...

KWells.. Another die hard.. I think he rode back and forth to Denver like 5 times
This guy rides hard!

And the rest of the CROV folks.. Ron & Sharon, Craig (Vision Meister) Dave (Supervision) Visionless (and his family)
It was grins all around..

If I left anyone out... sorry.. I had my share of wobbly pops.. and then some of Kenny's Rum on top of that..(once the Black Velvet ran out).. hehehe.  ;)

The Pit sessions were not to be missed.. What a blast!!!!!
Imagine going to the garage ( at anytime) and seeing all those V's and then always finding
another owner to share Vision stories with! 

G rated run at  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Half Mad Max

inanecathode

If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.

kwells

ok so Im back online again now too...On my last run back to Denver I got to do Berthoud Pass (one more time)...probably did that one about 7 times over the last week.  I also branched off just before I got to Lakewood and hit up the epic set of twisties that is known as Lookout Mtn.  We didnt get a chance for the group to hit this one and I think we missed out but things came up and set our week back a bit.  Oh yeah, I actually scraped pegs twice on that ride which sorta scared me since it was a first.  The bike is running like a top and pulls hard even at 10k feet.  At 14k feet it feels like it is running on 1/2 of one cylinder but I still managed to get up there.  I'm uploading pics as we speak so you'll have some candy to look at in a min.
Great thing to meet all those guys and gals and Im already planning for the next one. 

Here are the pics

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Night Vision

glad to see you finally have some pics of the host  :D :D

that first picture with the four V's is epic, Zore would approve...

btw, glad to see that since Zore couldn't make it... at least his woodchuck did  ;)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

h2olawyer

I'm back home as well.  Nice to see the gradual posts of those returning home safely.   ;D

What a fantastic week!  Thanks to all who attended - YOU are why this was a success!

Two stators changed out.  Hope VisionMeister makes it home OK!

Monday:  Four major Colorado passes - Berthoud, Loveland, Gore & Rabbit Ears.
Tuesday:  Three Passes - Reversed part of Monday's ride and added Willow Creek Pass.  Gore Pass was repeated by popular demand - but run the opposite direction.
Wednesday:  Kind of an 'on your own' day.  Some went over Trail Ridge Road - some of them continued on the peak to peak highway - others went to Georgetown to ride the Georgetown Loop Narrow Gauge Railroad.
Thursday:  First attempt at Mt. Evans - Ron needed to change his stator.  So kind of a 'rest' day.  VisionMeister went to the Denver area to meet up with an old friend.  He also needed a stator change in order to start his trip home on Friday.  Large group dinner at Hernando's Pizza & Sub Pub.  MMmmmmm, good!
Friday:  Mt. Evans - 14,270 feet above sea level!  FIVE Vs made it to the top (5 started out as well  ;D ).  The Buffalo burgers in Idaho Springs, after coming down from those lofty heights were awesome.

Not as much riding as I wanted to get done, but we did plenty.

I had some technical problems with the video camera.  Thursday's down day gave me time to figure it out.  I managed to get the 13 miles of Mount Evans road on video.  Should be ready to view soon.   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

glennw

Sounds like I left before the stator epidemic started.... ;)
Whew!
That was a close one!
GlennW
Half Mad Max

Ron_McCoy

Left Winterpark at 6:00 AM this morning and home in Tehachapi before dark.  More later,  sack time now.
Had a GREAT time. ;D ;D ;D ;D

kwells

16 hours of driving ...bet ur still buzzing
get some sleep

www.wellsmoto.com

visionless

Left Winter Park at 6:00 AM, back in Bakersfield at 9:30 PM.  Had a great time hope everyone there can make one of our Fall or Spring runs in the future. Pictures sometime tomorrow.
              Chris
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

kwells

chris has all the good pics too

www.wellsmoto.com