25 Year Celebration Call!

Started by h2olawyer, May 10, 2007, 09:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visionless

I've got some pictures on my myspace page.  I'll try and post them here later.  If you go to my page click on my pics and go to Colorado Trip. 
              Chris

http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!

MotorPlow

I am so very upset that I was not able to attend this incredible event.
Next year, maybe a little closer to the East Coast.
Great Pics!

h2olawyer

MP -

Your presence was sorely missed!  We had quite a few LEOs watching out for us.   ::)  Primarily in construction zones, but also in a couple unexpected places.

One of the local officers was in our garage often, talking motorcycles & wishing he could join us.  Really nice guy.

Since North Central Kansas is the geographical center of the US, Colorado really wasn't that much farther for the eastern folks than it was for the west coasters.  Three even rode in from No. Cal.  Though that doesn't hold a candle to Kenny coming from Ontario, CA!

Maybe not quite as twisty as the Dragon, but the mileage & variety of roads available here is incredible.  Never really appreciated how good I've got it until I had the opportunity to show off some of it.  Wish we could have done the Snowy Range Road, though.  With a large group, it's difficult to make time for a 350 mile ride.

You could always organize a 25 year party to celebrate the 83s or the final year of V production in North America.

We're getting to have a fairly large Colorado contingent these days.  Currently, there are 6 with 5 running in the span of 125 miles, all along the front range.  Unfortunately, the non-runner is about to leave for California, just about the same time he gets his running.

Hope to ride with you one of these days, MP!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

glennw

I would like to offer a brief statement to my fellow Visionaries.....
Step up to the plate my friends...
We put 12 V's together in northern California for a weekend...(last fall)
If the CROV can do that twice a year.... (depending !)...
We had at least as many in Colorado in this past week...
So add the total ROV site together... and you should be able to pull this off..
regardless of distance or location.. YOU.. be the one to step up and organize..
Let us ALL... RALLY UP....and celebrate a great bike..
REGARDLESS of where we may be... The DRAGON..(oh please!)  the Lions Trail..
We all have great roads in OUR area .... No Excuses are accepted. Rally UP!
If you get together with any three folks on this site, you WILL have a
good time... Beginner.. Expert.. What EVER.... Get together and RIDE..
If you missed the 25 anniversary ride... sorry.. many made the sacrifice to be there..
to RALLY UP and ride...
This is the ultimate honor to Ron and his (our) site.. and to the Vision!
GlennW
Half Mad Max

kwells

Im in...as long as I dont have to lean it in the corners....that's scary!
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

glennw

There is ALWAYs one smart ass... hahaha..!
I hope to ride with you again KWells!
Half Mad Max

kwells

you rode with me?

were you the one on the tractor?

Ride again we will

www.wellsmoto.com

glennw

hahaha.. !  No mine is in primer...
Half Mad Max

kwells

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

That's not primer -- it's "Battleship Gray"!   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

www.wellsmoto.com

Ron_McCoy

Thanks to H2O for organizing this ride and all the accomodations that go along with it.  Sharon and I have done one of these rides for the CROV so we really appreciate what goes into one.  You did a great job Rob.  Thanks from all of us who enjoyed getting together with our old and new friends for some great riding and fun hanging out together. The riding was great and the scenery was amazing.  Also the "pit area" was excellent.

Glen is right about rallying.  Its one of the most enjoyable experiences you will ever have.  The CROV riders have had six rallies and just a ton of fun.  The friends you make are ones you will treasure.  Seven of the bikes at the 25th Anniversary ride were CROV and I'm sure even more would have liked to be there.

Oh, Kwells,  ride again we will with much scariness.

Ron

don_vanecek

Hi, just wanted to let everyone know I made it back home today safe and sound. Had an eleven hour day on Saturday, about four hours today. Only problem I had besides the neck pain (that I had all week) was that i vapor lock in Laramie, WY. Scared me I would have it happen again in each small town I had to slow down for but it never did (thank goodness).

It was great to meet you all, hope I see you guys (and gals) again sometime!! I'll do a write up and post some pictures later.

Don Vanecek

ProfessorRex

WOW what fun!!!!  I'm in Boulder CO now for another week before I head back to NOLA.  Talk about an incredible ride!  14 visions total and no big incidents (except me falling down the stairs! HA, my arm is looking better).  What a solid group! What a great time!  I'd do it all again in a heartbeat (well... most of it...  ;))

-Rex

PS: HE SAID SOMTIN BOUT A JOB!

PPS: Rex's Tractor Supply grand opening in early july!
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

VisionMeister

Well... I made it home!
Thanks H2O for the Stator and Ron McCoy for using the Volt Meter before I did something stupid,
like leave on a 1,000 mile return ride with a bad stator.
When I got to Salt Lake City the temp was 100+ and I hit Friday evening rush hour. Stop and go was not fun.
I passed on visiting Miller Motorsports Park for the AMA National because it was supposed to be even hotter and the wind was supposed to come up strong in the afternoon. Last thing I wanted to do was cross the Great Salt Desert with a 25-40 mph cross wind in 104 degrees. I still got beat up across Nevada from Winnemucca to Reno. The wind was so strong that in some areas I had to slow to 45 mph just to keep the V under control.
I one dayed it back from Salt Lake about 700 miles.
Total mileage was 3170 for the week. The longest ride of my life.
Now in recovery mode, I'm thinking what I need to do to get my bike prepped for the next ride.
My hats off to Kenny for riding even further.
Did Chet's tire make it back. My money's on cord showing at Reno and a visit to the local dealer for new rubber.

visionless

Glad to hear you made it back in one piece.  While we were fighting the wind in the car I was praying that some way you would miss it.  It started really gusting in Grand Junction and didn't stop until we got through Tehachapi.
          Chris
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Aelwulf

Sorry I missed it.  I even missed all the great weather this weekend.  Tons of bikes out and the only reason mine wasn't one of 'em was waiting on tags & registration as I got my licene Friday. :( It should make 6 of 6 running tonight barring Murphy stoppin' for a visit.  I took it over to the high school down the street yesterday and practiced in the parking lot, leaned more than expected at 20MPH around a curb corner so that was good to know before going out.

Hopefully I'll be able to make a get together in Cali, if not a national one down the road. :)

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

h2olawyer

Winds west of Grand Junction are not as constant as those in Wyoming & Western Nebraska.  I'd say about 1/2 my trips west have a fair amount of wind.  It's closer to 80% when heading North & Northeast.  Either way, driving & riding in gusty winds sucks.

Great news getting your bike ready for the plates, Alewulf!  So, for now, the CoROV is a full 6 strong.   ;D   May have to try for one small 1 day get together before you head West!  Since we're all within about 125 miles of each other, we ought to be able to figure out something like a Lookout Mountain meet.

H2O

visionless

We would love to have you Aelwulf.  We usually have two a year and the next one will probably be in the Spring.  Depending on where you end up out here we can do a ride almost anytime.  Glen is in Santa Barbara and myself and Ron_Mccoy are in and around Bakersfield.  We are always ready for a ride.  Let us know when you get situated.
              Chris
Ralph Waldo Emerson

kwells

I dont know about that..ITS pretty twisty

www.wellsmoto.com