News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

25 Year Celebration Call!

Started by h2olawyer, May 10, 2007, 09:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inanecathode

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

glennw

Aelwulf... Santa Maria is an hour away from me.. in Santa Barbara
I know some sweet roads up that way.. I'm ready to ride when you are!
GlennW
Half Mad Max

Aelwulf

Quote from: glennw on June 27, 2007, 09:10:41 AM
Aelwulf... Santa Maria is an hour away from me.. in Santa Barbara
I know some sweet roads up that way.. I'm ready to ride when you are!
GlennW

Shiny. :) I was only in Santa Barbara once when I was at Vandenberg for training, went up to SLO more.

H2O-I'm going to see if samsr will do a check ride since I don't know what 'normal' is supposed to be yet but all goes well I might be able to take it up 83 and meet ya's up there someplace. :) If I do have a wobble wheel though I need to fix that first.  Makes me uncomfortable just driving to work, let alone Denver.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

h2olawyer

Headshake can make riding not only terrifying, but dangerous as well.  Your wobble can be caused by several things.  Wheel bearings, loose forks, and most likely - bad steering bearings.  Tapered steering bearings really help the bike feel generally more stable, even if you aren't experiencing headshake.

Hope we can get together for a CoROV ride before you leave for the year 'round riding opportunities of the left coast!  Get kwells, inanecathode, comatt and tanno to show up as well & we could have 6 Vs riding together!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Aelwulf

Yeah, that's where my inexperience coupled with lack of time for now is annoying.  I barely have a clue on how to check what yet and I'm back to limited funds for parts.  I've heard the tapered bit mentioned before, I'm guessing the link on 'em is somewhere in the archives?

*thunk*
What was that?!

h2olawyer

Probably several different threads.  When I did mine, it made a huge difference in handling & even the overall feel of the bike.  Everything up front just felt more planted & secure.  One of the first upgrades that should  be made to any Vision.

There was a recent link to some on eBay Canada, Dennis Kirk sells them 7 they're available other places as well.  Generally $40 - $45 per set.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Aelwulf

I'm on DK now but they don't have any bearings listed under the Vision set.  I found some for metric but none are listing tapered (here my cluelessness may be showing through).

*thunk*
What was that?!

inanecathode

I'd say good front brakes are a good first upgrade myself <_<
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.

kwells

dont need brakes if you dont mind leaning it really really far instead of  ...
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

Dennis Kirk doesn't list them under the parts available for the Vision anymore (???)

Here's a link to them:

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=121435&store=Main&catId=410&productId=p121435&leafCatId=41010&mmyId=#altImages

Shows the Visions (82 & 83) at the bottom of the list of what this part fits.

H2O

kwells

Mine are on their way from DK

www.wellsmoto.com

zore

Tire pressure seems to cause head shake in mine.  If it's too low, hang on. ???
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

VisionMeister

The new Avons are fine tires. I was afraid they had to peaky of a profile when my V was searching in the ride out. But, I had the tire pressure jacked up to help with wear with the full load of saddlebags and tank bag loaded.
After adjusting them back to 30 front 32 rear they felt great.
The rear is about 2/3's gone, all in the center, from the cruising. I can now park it without center stand or sidestand, though it does need it's load balanced. I'll probably get three or four local 250 mile loops before they need replacement.

Aelwulf

Quote from: h2olawyer on June 27, 2007, 04:10:23 PM
Dennis Kirk doesn't list them under the parts available for the Vision anymore (???)

Here's a link to them:

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=121435&store=Main&catId=410&productId=p121435&leafCatId=41010&mmyId=#altImages

Shows the Visions (82 & 83) at the bottom of the list of what this part fits.

H2O

Donkey chains. :D

Thanks to samsr I've got the braided line on the front now.  It could probably be bled a smidge more but they work fine.  I had to do a quick stop yesterday when a light turned yellow at that wrong time (too far to run it, too close to stop easy) and felt the border when it starts thinkin' about tossin' ya over. :P

I need to check my pressure, pondered that briefly.  They're ok but might not be just right.

*thunk*
What was that?!

visionless

Visionaries at Work! Check out Kwells in the background.
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

supervision

He's opening a beer with those giant channel locks, good work! K  Hey Chris, you have any other pictures, yet, I looked at your myspace, but nothing on Co.
" border="0

zore

Jumper cables can be used to open a bottle in a pinch.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

kwells

you can open a beer bottle with virtually anything.  That's the game.

www.wellsmoto.com

visionless

Quote from: supervision on July 09, 2007, 09:05:54 PM
    Hey Chris, you have any other pictures, yet, I looked at your myspace, but nothing on Co.

They were there, just hard to find.  Try this.
http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb135/ccoyle6731/
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

supervision

GREAT!  thanks Chris,  hey I been meaning to add this line in your Arlo Guthrie song... And I don't want ta die, just want ta ride on my motorcy----cle        That about sums it up folks.. haha see ya

Thank's again for the link,
" border="0