News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

What happens when the tensioner bar bolt breaks?

Started by inanecathode, May 12, 2007, 12:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h2olawyer

Find some fuel injection line for your YICS.  Normal fuel type lines will collapse.  No more dripping petcock - YEAH!

Not sure of the dimensions for the inlet screen.  The original is plastic & has inlets at different heights so the reserve function works.  You can probably fabricate something similar out of brass.   Been so long since I've been into the petcock that I can't remember exactly how the plastic part fits into it.  My 83 petcock is missing the same piece.  I'm hoping the one from my 82 will fit on it OK.  That piece is not available from Yamaha any longer.  May also see if Boulder Bike Works or Steele's has one.  One of them should since they both have at least a half dozen Visions in various states of undress.

Glad you made it home OK - was it still nice in Estes Park?  Looked kind of dark up that way - at least from down here.

H2
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Lucky

I probably have a used tube for an 82 & poss both for an 83... yours for shipping.

also, i changed my petcock bolts from phillips to hex.  much easier to get that wrench in there.

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

inanecathode

I'm sure theres line at ace hardware that'll work with the yikes, very generous offer though lucky! (saving up my freebee points for something cool, like shorty risers wink wink).

Which hole, looking down with the switch to the left, is the reserve inlet? I plan on jamming a length of brass into where the normal inlet is so i have a reserve function also how long is the fuel inlet tube does anyone know? With my memory i can guarentee i'll need the reserve function (key is OFF and in my pocket btw)

Estes was pretty nice, kinda dark but the drive over to my house was AMAZING, i LOVE that road, and thats in a car! I can't imagine how fun it must be on a bike. Estes park doesnt make any sense, geologically it shouldnt be there.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Lucky

i meant the tubes on the petcock that extend into the tank. you need one (or 2 for the 83)?
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

inanecathode

Aye, in that case yes i do need one :D! I've got the '82 tank, so just one tube i believe.
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.

h2olawyer

I've got the semi-tubeless 83.  Just the outflow plastic tube is missing.  When I got the 83 tank from Leather, there was a brass tube rolling around in it.  After I got the 83 petcock from smknjoe, I figured out it was the fuel return tube.  If the 82 plastic tube will work in an 83 petcock, I'll just use the one that's currently in my 82 tank.  Otherwise, I'll take you up on the offer, Lucky.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.