News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Not a "V", again...

Started by Aelwulf, May 16, 2007, 01:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aelwulf

Another that's not, but hopin' it'll be my next one (and first new one).  It's shaft driven too. :)

Once I get my Vision back I'll get some shots of it up.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

YellowJacket!

I just drooled all over my keyboard and shorted it out.  Nice looking bike.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

inanecathode

What is it? Looks expensive :o
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Aelwulf

Full name: 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition

Short name: '07 Kawi Meanie SE

Price: $11,300 MSRP

I could've gotten one from a dealer here in February for about $10,300, same dealership just finished an unsuccessful attempt to sell on on eBay for about $9,400.  If I didn't have the move and such going right now I would've been all over that one. :D

The Meanie is supposed to have excellent handling and comfort for a power cruiser.  Little low on HP but it's easy to fix that using aftermarket intake and a fuel controller, and exhaust if ya want (stock intake has a restricting plastic pipe or something in the setup).  There's a couple of guys on another forum I'm on who have these and people are constantly asking them as well what kind of bike it is, asking if it's a Harley, etc.

*thunk*
What was that?!

dj

Quote from: Aelwulf on May 16, 2007, 11:30:56 AM
Full name: 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition

One of the guys on base just bought one.  GREAT LOOKING BIKE!  Haven't heard it running yet, but it looks amazing.
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

Lucky

the cool thing is they balance on 2 tires while off!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Aelwulf

Quote from: Lucky on May 16, 2007, 01:50:38 PM
the cool thing is they balance on 2 tires while off!

lol Some yeah, lot of Meanie guys like taking the rear tire up to 200 (one guy's modded his to fit a 250 0.o ).  A lot don't like to go much over 190 though since it affects the handling, one of the main reasons to get a Meanie over a Yamaha Warrior or another one with more stock HP.

*thunk*
What was that?!

YellowJacket!

ProfessorRex

It's got suspension and brakes from a ZR  and a hot-rodded 1600cc vulcan engine.  Fuel injection, smoooooth ride, great handling (for a cruiser).  I went and 'test drove' that exact bike last week. (I was in looking at a virgo 250 with my girlfriend and who was I to argue with a pushy salesman!)  Apparently they aren't selling too well.  It's on my short list as far as what could replace (well not replace, but coincide with) my vision.
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

YellowJacket!

I wonder why it's not selling well.  That has got to be one of the best looking bikes (thats not a Vision) that I have seen in a lonnnnng time.

David

Aelwulf

Probably the price & power issues.  That, plus I think a lot of people still don't equate Kawasaki with power cruisers.A lot of folks looking to buy a 1500cc+ power cruiser want the HP and the rip ye rhair out power on a straight-away.  The Meanie still takes off well but wouldn't keep up most likely with a Warrior, V-Rod or Victory of the same class.  However get off the straight-away and start doing curves, stop & gos etc the Meanie should come out on top.  It has excellent braking for a cruiser.  Do a few mods and the straight-aways are a bit more of a competition as well.

My eventual goal if I got one would be to top 100HP on it without blowin' the budget.  From what I've read it easily hits the 130MPH mark stock and there's already a decent aftermarket base since the Meanie's been out a bit.  You'll always have your "My bike is better" crowd though so it's up to personal taste.  Personally it's the first bike I've wanted sice I saw it on the showroom floor.  I'd have it if not for the price issue, and hope to within a year if I'm lucky.

If yer more into street bikes they also did an SE of their 2007 Ninja (if I have the name right, think the 1000 or 1100) in a similar color/flame scheme.

*thunk*
What was that?!

Night Vision

I got my V inspected Saturday at the Yamaha / Kawasaki dealer. The owner caught me lookin at the LE ZX1400 while I was havin a smoke outside...

needless to say, he just had to tell me how fast it would go...

"230 out of the box" ....... "It'll go to a 100 in first if you let it"

"oh, so it's only a two speed?" :D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tiger

8) I looked at one last week at the dealer's...nice looking ride, for sure 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

h2olawyer

If you stay remotely close to speed limits, it's just a single speed!

If I ever get a "power cruiser" it will be a V-Max (double vision).  That's still the only one in that class I really want to ride.  Most power cruisers are great looking bikes, though.  It's entirely personal.  I like that Kaw - looks like it's name!  If you like that type of bike, go for it.  They all look like fun.  I'm more of a sport tourer fan.  Current dream bike is the BMW K1200GT.  The Yamaha FJR1300 runs a very close second.  As for used bikes, the Yamaha GTS1000 tops the list.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Aelwulf

I saw an '07 VMax yesterday.  Whenever I hear the name for some reason I think of VStrom which I don't particularly like.  The VMax was certainly interesting though, held my attention for a minute or two of perusal when I was in a hurry. ;)

*thunk*
What was that?!