News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Almost there! I hope...

Started by Aelwulf, May 19, 2007, 07:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aelwulf

Well, about all the typical things have come up in the repairs on mine.  The front forks are being rebuilt as I type this most likely with new seals, the R/R wound up bad, ordered a new one.  Stator replaced, tank *hopefully* being worked on, have what should be a non-leaking one en route if it needs more time, plugs and caps replaced.  He's insisting the current wires are fine, if I have problems I'll swap 'em for the new ones.  New headlight en route (thanks sam :) ), brakes and tires new or nearly new, fluids swapped, slightly upgraded radiator.  He said it sounded fine when he had it started again so that's a good thing.  Exhaust isn't beautiful but couldn't see any holes or anything off-hand.  Carbs have been dipped and re-assembled, in-line fuel filter added, etc.

Only things left are to get those bolts and find a throttle cable (I hope).  Then in about two weeks time if all goes well I wont' have the best looking Vision but I'll have what should be one that runs pretty reliably (for a Vision anyway *g*).

Wish I had the time & gas money (for the truck) to have done it all myself but I did enough to have a starting familiarity with it.  I'm sure I'll have to do plenty more down the line. :) Thanks for all the help so far.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)