New boots and I love them

Started by zore, May 23, 2007, 08:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zore

I finally had to retire my 10 year old dainese.  Seems that the water resistance was gone and the pavement surfing I did last august finished them off.  So I broke down and bought a set of Sidi Way TePor road boot.  It's a cross between a sport touring boot (water resistant) and a sport boot (stiffer than most sport touring boots)  to give good ankle support.  I just got them yesterday but am very pleased with fit and feel.  I believe they go for about 150 everywhere.

1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

h2olawyer

Good looking boots, Zore.  Must be nice to have narow feet!  Gives you a good range of choices in motorcycle footwear.

Last year, I needed new boots, too.  I tried on several brands and to find one wide enough, I had to go up about three sizes!  The only one I found that fit was the AlpineStar SMX-4.  It is considered a sport riding boot with many race boot features.  In other words, a notch toward the race end of the spectrum from your SIDIs.  I really like them.  They have tons of protection and are comfortable all day long.  Even not too bad to walk around in.  Wouldn't want to go on any long hikes in them, but that's not what they were built for.  Just the vents have waterproof membranes, but I've been out in all day rain & even snow in them & my feet stayed dry & warm.  They make a fully waterproof version, but I don't see how they could be any drier!  Standard version is just under $200 & waterproof is around $240.  However, if you don't have a wide foot, look elsewhere.

If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

RBFD415

Thats too funny, I too was shopping for new foot ware, only for the other BIKE, the one you peddle! Without a doubt, the SIDI shoes I tried were the best fit, and I also have WIDE feet. I always have problems with shoes and boots. I see my foot doctor so much I'm on a first name basis with him (heck I have his cell phone number). In any event, if it helps the SIDI stuff is nice, but even the bike shoes are $$$$$, I didn't buy them!Too bad the motorcycle people at the company don't talk to the other bike people, they might just offer the BEST wide motorcycle boots!