News:

Main Menu

OnROV Summer ride

Started by wolf, May 24, 2007, 04:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

;D Got back home Sunday afternoon after having a great time with a great bunch of people... 8)
Left for "Wolf Retreat" on Friday afternoon, a little after 1 p.m. with Barrie & Barre!!!, Honda GoldWing & Magna...picked up Art', (LilBlaster) on the way. We sorta went the scenic route, (read "long-way-round" ;)) We got "misplaced" once or twice, but hey, we weren't in any hurry, eh ;D :D :D
We arrived at Wolf and Sheryl's place around 5.30...'ish, parked right in his garage, which was now empty of cage's and offloaded our bag's. We settled right down in the back yard where there was a wobbly pop or two on ice awaiting our arrival :o ;D :D :D :D :D... ;) After several had been drunk the bikes where definitely "Off limit's" for the rest of the night... ::) We were served an excellent roast beef dinner by our host & hostess in there dining room, along with red/white wine...just superb. After the table was cleared we stayed at the table to shoot the breeze and drink some more, tell some more tales and...drink some more...a great night which was aided by a grand bottle of scotch, produced by our host... 8)

We were on the road by 8 a.m. Saturday morning after being, once again, fed...this time a great breakfast by Wolf and Sheryl... 8) We all needed to gas the rides first... 3 x Vision's, 1 x '76 'Wing, 1 x '02 Magna and an '82? Beemer...
The first part of the journey took us by Lake Huron, nice cool breeze on a gonna be another hot day, here in Ontario. A lot of the riding is done thru' rural countryside and small town's/village's/hamlet's. The sight's and smells where just great...apart from where some farmer(s) had been muck spreading'...Phew!!! We stopped at a few places to stretch our leg's...and take in some of the beautiful scenery we have here in southern Ontario. We stopped to have lunch "under the bridge" in Sarnia...This is a border crossing between Canada and the U.S...The place is a park/picnic area, well served by several "Chip wagon's" for our gourmet delights ;D :D :D :D ;) Once fed and rested we headed back out for some more site seeing riding. Over the course of the day we road a great combination of long straights that blew away some of "The Gremlin's" and some great twister's to shake off those Grem's that where still clinging on :o ::) ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;) We did make those obligatory Tim Horton coffee stop's...NO ride can be made without a "Timmie's"... ;) Arrived back at Wolf's retreat" around 7 p.m...'ish...intact and with huge smile's all around ;D A great day of riding was had by one and all 8) There where NO break downs/accident's/incident's during the whole day. The rides performed superbly and the weather was just great all day...
Once again, we where entertained royally by our host and hostess, Wolf and Sheryl...Another great meal and wine was had, this time outside in the back yard...some more serving's of cooooold beer's/wine...and another bottle of scotch!!! where dispatched along the way :o Another night made for more tale's/joke's/stories... 8) 8) 8).
We had a slightly later start to the Sunday morning...  ::) ;D :D :D :D :D... ;) We all, including Sheryl, headed out for a short ride to blow out any remaining "Grem(s)" and cobweb's the ride's and/or their rider's might have.... :D :D :D Stopped at a wee restaurant for a hearty,cholesterol loaded, pick-me-up breakfast... ;D :D :D :D :D 8) We rode back to "Wolf's Retreat" to load up and say our goodbye's...off to the gas station and we were homeward bound...
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Wolf and Sheryl for opening their house to us, for all their generosity...food/wine/beer, etc 8) To Wolf for organizing a great riding weekend 8) To my fellow rider's...Barrie, who owne's a "one owner" '76 Ltd GoldWing, little Barre on his Magna and Art, (Lil'blaster, who will one day register with the ROV...once he learns how to switch on a computer ::) ;D ;D :D :D ) on his '82, for a grrrrrrrrrreat weekend...thank-you one and all... 8) See you all soon...

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Night Vision

you know they're having too much fun riding when you only end up with three pictures
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Night Vision

oy! those are tiny pics..... let me try again  :-[

gah! are they still small?
;D

h2olawyer

When you click on them, they do expand . . .

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Cdnlouie

Sounds wonderful! Many thanks to Wolf for a great ride (which I missed, sadly).  It's nice to see Art with his new Quicksilver fairing mounted on the front end of the bike this time.  The last time we all saw him riding off into the sunset from the Paris Vintage Days early this summer with it strapped on the backrest. He looks pretty happy.  I guess that new needle and seat for his carbs worked out okay as well.  I never did hear  back from him (Art doesn't communicate much), but his smile tells the tale.

CdnL

Night Vision

Quote from: h2olawyer on August 06, 2007, 10:30:36 PM
When you click on them, they do expand . . .

H2O

wierd.... wasn't happening for me yesterday  ???

Quote from: Cdnlouie on August 07, 2007, 01:03:54 AM
............. It's nice to see Art with his new Rifle fairing mounted on the front end of the bike this time....
...........(Art doesn't communicate much), but his smile tells the tale.

agreed
;D

Kenny

Dorothy is really upset ......the mention of the "Grand Bottle of Scotch"  I think got to her!
        Ken for the "Boss" :D.  Sorry we missed it. 
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

wolf

...so I told Art--you know that typewriter/teevee combo thing your kid spends so much time on? Much lore can be learned about visions,Art.
Sigh. Just like me--another analog man  in a digital world.