had it for a week ran fine. Now it cuts out when I give gas?????

Started by [jh], May 28, 2007, 09:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

That involves the removal, disassembly, and placing in Berryman ChemDip or equiv. carb cleaning solution for about 30 mins.  Most blow the passages out with compressed air as well. That will normally get all the ins and outs of the Vision carbs cleaned but it is not unheard of to have to do this process more than once.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

[jh]

by the way............... what size socket do I need to get m plugs out? I tried the two common size ones i have, but they don't fit. I think they were 5/8" and 13/16".
wow!

Night Vision

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

[jh]

wow!

h2olawyer

That sparkplug tool in the OEM tool kit is the best thing to use to remove the plugs.  Other than that & the shock adjusting spanner, the rest of the kit is pretty useless.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

what you dont like those cheapo pliers that dont grip anything?

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

I used the pliers once.  The handles bent until they touched & now the jaws don't completely close.   ::)  I still keep the entire kit in the tail box, though.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tanno

Kit? Tailbox? Mine seems to be missing these. Where could I obtain these?
Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

kwells

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

Dude i so did! Definitely jazzed about that. It totally ties my vision together, man.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

[jh]

do you check the pressure in the tires when their cold or when their warm?

I was checkin mine today and the reading I got when they were cold was way out, but by the time I got to put air in them the pressure was very close to perfect.

which is correct?
wow!

Tiger

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

zore

Tires get checked cold.

Chain gets adjusted cold and lubed hot...oops wrong bike.    :o
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900