News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

about ready to shoot this thing!

Started by Greenbee, May 30, 2007, 09:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenbee

Been awhile since I've been on, laid up due to work injury. Anyway back to work on this bike. When I got her she was taken apart with the carbs off and everything above them. Rebuilt the carbs, put in-line filter in, and sealed the inside of the tank and new plugs. When I sinc the carbs at 1300 rpms should they stay sinced as you take the rpms up? This is a 1982 with only 3000 miles on it. What should I do with the jets as far as us the ones listed in the shop manual or the set up with the air box mod.? It does have everything like whats in the air box mod. flyer but they were all apart when I got them with some jets missing. I did gett all new jets with the rebuild kits so I can go either way just need to know whats best. Next I can tell that someone has turned the accelerator relay rod. How long should this be and how do you tell if you have it set right. So far she likes to run rich to the point of fouling the plugs then she only want to back fire and not start.

Lucky

jetting is as follows
pilot air (top of carbs): 135 ft & rear.  this is an ROV mod.
mains (behind 10mm bolts on left side): 122.5 ft, 127.5 rear
pilot fuels (under carbs) are 60's

length of rod is 60mm max from bend to actuator. not a critical setting.

be sure the carbs are clean (it's sat now & they REALLY like to be run often)
properly synq them & set the pilot screws.
check the YICS for leaks, seal if leaking

don't be frustrated, these things are 'normal' Vision maintenance if the bike has sat any length of time.

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black