News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

TIRE SIZE

Started by abogado68, June 24, 2007, 09:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abogado68

Well there you go. I it bothers him he must have a serious problem. I did no intend to bother him.

h2olawyer

It's more a matter of "Netiquette".  Since we don't have anything but the typed words to use, there needs to be some way to tell when someone is yelling (all caps), or other ways to differentiate and accent the words.  Not a big deal.  Like I said earlier, for me anyway, all caps are harder to read.

We know that under most situations, nobody here intends to bother anyone else.   ;D  The ROV boards have a history of very civil behavior.  Amazingly, it seems to mirror the people when you get to meet in person.  From my limited web forum experience, it is the friendliest place I've found.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

good thing the net doesnt mirror the smells our ROV counterparts themselves emit.  Is it good etiquette to walk away from the laptop when I let one go?
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Ron_McCoy

Is Kevin "gassing it" again?  Remember.....You're supposed to walk away FIRST!

zore

Quote from: abogado68 on July 07, 2007, 11:47:30 PM
What's wrong Zore, you have a problem with caps? ??? ??? ???

No, my caps lock works just fine.  I synced it to my shift key just last week.   ;D  Lighten up Frances, I'm just having some fun.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

VisionMeister

You're right 110/90 listed for the back. The front was increased to 100.
Must be my faulty memory.
A 120/80 would have a lower profile than the 110/90...96mm tall vs 99 mm tall. I've run both without any negative consequences.

abogado68

O.k Zore, by the way my name is Raúl Miranda, not Frances, and I'm a criminal defense attorney who specializes in organize crime (cartel's).

On another issue, my partner took out the vision for a ride, and the followin is what he found. What do you guys recommend?

The front brakes are spongy and yet they don't pump up. It feels like when I stop the F-350 Ford with the mog trailer. The truck and trailer stops slowly.

I am inclined to think that the front hose should be replaced. Overtime rubber brakelines will swell and close down.  I pull on the brake lever and it goes almost to the handle bar and the bike does not quickly slow down like it should.

I checked the pads and they are of course new. I'll just bleed them the brake system and see if the brake comes up hard at the lever. If not I'll replace the front brake hose (rear is a steel rod) and rebuild the caliper and replace the caliper seals.

The front brake has to stop the m/c on a dime. Although it is just one caliper, it still has to pull hard to a stop.

kwells

I believe the 'lighten up francis' is from Stripes if I'm not mistaken.  These brakes arent really good on the 82's. Stainless steel lines help out drastically as well as sometimes the needed master cylinder rebuild and/or caliper rebuild. 

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

"Lighten up, Francis" is from Stripes.  The Seargent Hulka says that after one of the new recruits goes on a verbal rampage: "My name is Francis, but call me Psycho.  Call me Francis & I'll kill you.  Touch my stuff & I'll kill you."  Sgt. Hulka replies; "Lighten up, Francis."

The 82 brakes can be made to function well.  Like kwells said - braided stainless line at a minimum.  Rebuild the master is second.  At a minimum, take the caliper apart & clean all the parts very well, then reassemble.  If any parts are damaged, get a rebuild kit (piston & seals) from Yamaha.  Use new disc brake grease on the slides when reassembling.  then fill with new DOT 3 or 4 fluid & bleed well.  Speedbleeders & a source of vacuum makes bleeding an easy job.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

8) S.S. Braided Brake line for an '82...Tadaaaa

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-VISION-550-1982-GALFER-FRONT-1-SS-BRAKE-LINE-KIT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35592QQihZ014QQitemZ330140037647QQrdZ1

..One of the best upgrades for your Vision 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

zore

Quote from: abogado68 on July 09, 2007, 08:36:44 PM
O.k Zore, by the way my name is Raúl Miranda, not Frances, and I'm a criminal defense attorney who specializes in organize crime (cartel's).
This is a quote from movie Stripes.  Maybe you've seen it?  ;D
Quote from: abogado68 on July 09, 2007, 08:36:44 PM
On another issue, my partner took out the vision for a ride, and the followin is what he found. What do you guys recommend?

The front brakes are spongy and yet they don't pump up. It feels like when I stop the F-350 Ford with the mog trailer. The truck and trailer stops slowly.

I am inclined to think that the front hose should be replaced. Overtime rubber brakelines will swell and close down.  I pull on the brake lever and it goes almost to the handle bar and the bike does not quickly slow down like it should.

It's 3 foot piece of 25 year old rubber tubbing that you are applying a fair amount of  pressure too.  Replace it with a steel line and you'll be good to go.

1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

zore

Wow, I shoudl have read everyone's reply.  I could have just said "h2olayer said".
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

abogado68

Thank's guys. Hopefully this week the brake system will be pulled apart. Sorry for the delay in aswering, but just as I got home I found out that somebody broke in. In mexico there is a copper tube fenomena. Since copper is so expensive, and in all the houses here copper tubes are used, they steal copper tubes and then sell them, when that is done, you are left without running water and propane gas. This happened to me sadly, even though I live in a upper class neighborhood, that is, mostly doctors, cpa's and attorneys. There is a sayin here in Mexico "ladron que roba ladron tiene 100 años de perdon."

A Thief who steal from a thief has a 100 years of forgiveness. That's for us lawyers.

kwells

they broke in and stole your copper? 

www.wellsmoto.com

abogado68

Yes. the copper tubes or pipes are used for plumbing and gas for the kitchen stove. But copper is very expensive, a meter long tube runs about $50 dls.

ColinthePilot

Last one. 10 points for the Stripes reference!
Colin
It pissed me off, so I jammed a screwdriver into it, hit it with a hammer, and spun it around with a pair of vice grips. Let that serve as a warning

abogado68

Well the plumbing is back in order again, I can finally shower. This week will be brake week for the vision. My partner will tear the brake system apart and rebuild it. We will also get new tires, because they are shot. The tires are the original ones, they are brand new, no wear, but they are severly cracked. I'm getting the bike ready because by the end of the month I shall be in SFO, Ca., and hopefully riding.

inanecathode

Dont put copper braided lines on your bike dude :o!
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

abogado68

Nope they will probably get ripped off down here :D :D