News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

What is.....................

Started by [jh], June 27, 2007, 12:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[jh]

the amount of km one should be changing the oil on an 82 with about 39000 km on it?

wow!

[jh]

why does my little paper stack on the side of my topic always have that little face there?
wow!

h2olawyer

Down here, where we still use the king's measures, we are told to change the oil every 3,000 miles.  For those of you on a base 10 measuring system, that equates to about every 4828.032km.  Mine normally gets changed more often than that, though - like every 2,000 miles (3218.668 km).

Don't know about the face stuff.   ???

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

dj

Quote from: [jh] on June 27, 2007, 01:01:23 PM
why does my little paper stack on the side of my topic always have that little face there?

The icon shows the face because it is a topic that you have posted in.
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

YellowJacket!

Even if I ride less than 3000 miles a season, I still change it at least every season.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Tiger

::) Depends on how many times you take the engine cover off of the left side in a season... :o ;D ;D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Night Vision

I just go however many miles in a season on fresh Mobil 1. 4k last year..

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

h2olawyer

Quote from: Tiger on June 27, 2007, 04:34:57 PM
::) Depends on how many times you take the engine cover off of the left side in a season... :o ;D ;D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Doing a stator about 500 miles after the initial new season oil change can really get annoying.  At least this year, I just reused the 0w-40 Bel-Ray synthetic.  It had about 100 miles on it.  At $14 per qt., I wasn't about to change it.

However, I've got almost 2K on it now.  Looks like I get to do a mid-season oil change this year.  Nice to find more riding time!   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Lucky

another confession for me:
I haven't changed my oil from last season, BUT, i didn't put a lot of miles on last year, probably around 500. also, i'm running a synthetic blend, & my temp guage NEVER goes past the half way mark. it only even gets close if i'm stuck in traffic. (remember, i have an oil cooler) my pressure guage off the cooler never drops below 20 psi unless, again, i'm stuck in traffic.

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

kiawrench

i change mine every month, but i am also riding a lot , way more than some, 14000 in two years

it helps i get oil nearly free, and my filters are all from car quest (buy them by the case)
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .