News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

After 1 year, she works!!!

Started by Prvi Vozac, July 06, 2007, 06:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prvi Vozac

Hello, many of you were with me in my troubles. As you know from my posts from last year, I had misterious short somewhere so the main fuses were dying, and there was no spark. One month ago I found GOOD ELECTRICIAN and he  (his father) found one little red wire under the headlight without isolation. And replaced some wires, recconected wires that one guy messed upe bofore, and just called me and told: OK, I finished your bike, when can I bring it to you? I didn't believe I heard this bike running. The guy is wonderful. And he didn't take a lot of money.
Just,  my R/R work bad, he says it is 14,5V and this is a little overload. I have bought R/R of scooter Piaggio 500ccm 4stroke 3phase but he says that this R/R gives 8V when you give stronger throttle. Any suggestions?
After all, this bike works, now I have to assemble it together, put new paint, and drive. Oh, now I know that my starter rebuildign was OK too. Bike starts instantly.

Thanks to everybody
Have good day!
Prvi Vozač

Night Vision

good job Prvi... it took a lot of patience...

14.5v is good.... as long as it doesn't go higher when the engine is rev'd.
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Coil Coyle

Congratulations, Prvi.

A running Vision in Croatia, that is very cool!

Watch for XZ550 primary gear and clutch baskets. We United States owners want them for the higher gear.

8)

Coil

Prvi Vozac

Quote from: Night Vision on July 06, 2007, 07:22:49 AM

NightVision, yes, a lot of patience, nervs and money  >:( ;D
I have to try it ride some time and then I'll see if it overloads battery.

Coil, I think there's only maybe 10 Visions in Croatia. Original parts are vera expensive here, so I buy on the German Ebay.- I order on friends adress and then he ships to me by the bus. There's a ot of parts on German ebay (www.ebay.de). Two month ago I bought TCI and upper harness(don't know the word - Oberteil Verkleidung  ;D).

Prvi

YellowJacket!

"only" 10 Visions in Croatia!  Thats a lot of Visions!  ;D  ;D  ;D  That may even be more than Canada.  ;D
Glad you got it running finally.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Coil Coyle

Quote from: Prvi Vozac on July 06, 2007, 06:10:46 AM
Just,  my R/R work bad, he says it is 14,5V and this is a little overload.

Prvi,
        Another thing to try is to connect the brown voltage sensing wire from the R/R directly to the Battery positive. Any resistance in that wire will cause the regulator to raise the voltage.

$0.02
;)
Coil

Prvi Vozac

Quote from: coilXZcoyle on July 06, 2007, 08:57:36 AM
Quote from: Prvi Vozac on July 06, 2007, 06:10:46 AM
Just,  my R/R work bad, he says it is 14,5V and this is a little overload.

Prvi,
        Another thing to try is to connect the brown voltage sensing wire from the R/R directly to the Battery positive. Any resistance in that wire will cause the regulator to raise the voltage.

$0.02
;)
Coil

I'll try. Yesterday I measured direct on battery with my 8$ multimeter and it showed 13.5V. But, I have new problem which I haven't had before: it won't star when it's warm. When cold, starts beautifully, works nice too, but after several minutes in neutral it shuts off, and won't start again. So yesterday we left it for one hour, came back and it started normally. I heard this is problem with Vision, so I'll search on forum for this. Anyway, if you can tell me what to do, I'll preciate it. Eh, and it backfires a little, didn't before. Maybe some trouble with carbs after standing for a year?

Thanks guys

Prvi

Coil Coyle

Prvi,
       Repeat the test run with the tank full of gasoline. If it does not die, the fuel pump is worn or the fuel line is getting hot and boiling to vapor, stopping the pump.

$0.02
;)
Coil

Prvi Vozac

Coil, thanks for the answer.
I disasembled fuel pump last year (since that I made maybe 800 miles) and it seemed OK. Maybe now is bad.

In the meantime I red all the topics I've found on the forum and there's a lot of different answers on this problem, like - starter seal leak, brushes (I replaced all), dead battery(my gives 13-14.5 when running, burned stator (optically isn't, all connectors OK), air filter or aibox flapper bad (I have new one which worked OK), too rich carb mixture (don't know about that, maybe something gone wrong in the meantime), vacuum hose from the petcock (gotta see this), needle valve seats leaking, YICS (now it isn't on the bike because I repaired it last year and have driven some time without it), and vapor lock on carbs.

Tomorrow I'll check everything on bike and hope will do something.

YellowJacket!

Its doubtful that its a dead battery since after the bike cools down, it will start again.

It could be a bad or dirty vent in the gas cap.

It could most likely be "vapor lock". Very common when its hot outside.

Possibly the fuel pump.

I had a similar problem once before.  My fuel line was a little too long and was also soft rubber.  There was a 90 degree bend in the fuel line and when the bike heated up, the fuel line would crimp and the flow of fuel would get cut off.  It acted like the bike was running out of gas.  I replaced the fuel line with a thicker and stiffer line and now no problems.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Prvi Vozac

Dave, maybe you have right - my fule line is very long, with an automotive fuel filter, and I didn't put all that stuff on its place when I was asembling bike together. i'll see. But my fuel line is thick and new. I'll see.
I'll go to the garage in the afternoon, then report what was.

Thanks
Prvi

Tiger

Quote from: Prvi Vozac on July 11, 2007, 02:44:20 AM
with an automotive fuel filter, Prvi

:) The automotive filter could well be your problem, they are to big and can cause the problem you have...Change it for a motorcycle filter... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Prvi Vozac

I must first find auto filter in my town. Before there wasn't problem.

Prvi Vozac

I cut fuel line as long as I could, put little motorcycle filter, and have same problem.

When I drive, there's a lot of exhaust exploding when i release the throttle. Bike goes well, when goes.

Coil Coyle

Prvi,
        Disassemble the carbs and clean all of the fuel and air passages, set the floats and then synchronize the throttle plates. It is possible to reuse the gaskets if you are careful. If the gasket splits, leave the pieces to fit back together. The small metering holes are wha you are trying to clean.
$0.02
;)
Coil

Coil Coyle

Quote from: Prvi Vozac on July 06, 2007, 07:54:58 AM
Quote from: Night Vision on July 06, 2007, 07:22:49 AM

NightVision, yes, a lot of patience, nervs and money  >:( ;D
I have to try it ride some time and then I'll see if it overloads battery.

Coil, I think there's only maybe 10 Visions in Croatia. Original parts are vera expensive here, so I buy on the German Ebay.- I order on friends adress and then he ships to me by the bus. There's a ot of parts on German ebay (www.ebay.de). Two month ago I bought TCI and upper harness(don't know the word - Oberteil Verkleidung  ;D).

Prvi

Prvi,
          What is the German word for the primary gearset and clutch basket? I got "Primarer Gandsatz" from a translation program.
Currently I am sending - "Haben Sie einen XZ550 primären gearset zum Verkauf?" and "Haben Sie einen vollständigen XZ550 primären gearset zum Verkauf, der Kurbelwellengang hat miteingeschlossen?" to the XZ550 sellers.
:-\
Coil

Prvi Vozac

Prvi,
          What is the German word for the primary gearset and clutch basket? I got "Primarer Gandsatz" from a translation program.
Currently I am sending - "Haben Sie einen XZ550 primären gearset zum Verkauf?" and "Haben Sie einen vollständigen XZ550 primären gearset zum Verkauf, der Kurbelwellengang hat miteingeschlossen?" to the XZ550 sellers.
Coil
[/quote]

;D ;D
First: http://cgi.ebay.de/xz550-xz-550-Komplette-Kupplung-guter-Zustand_W0QQitemZ280133588976QQihZ018QQcategoryZ49823QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem for very little money
or
http://cgi.ebay.de/xz550-xz-550-Kupplungsatz-nagelneu_W0QQitemZ280133560718QQihZ018QQcategoryZ49823QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It is shame I don't know the englesh so good so I hope that could be what you are searching for.
Gear is on german Zahnrad, and clutch is Kupplung, and Körbe is basket, so clutch basket is Kupplungkörbe.
So:"Haben Sie einen XZ550 primären Zahnradset zum Verkauf?" 

but I cannot find Kurbelwellegang?  :(   is this clutch crankshaft?
"Haben Sie einen vollständigen XZ550 primären gearset zum Verkauf, der Kurbelwellengang hat miteingeschlossen?" 

...I cannot understand this sentence, can't find Kurbelwellegang
Are you looking for comlplete clutch with gears, basket and this Kurbel... ask "Haben sie vollständigen Kupplung mit primären Zahradset, Körbe und Kurbelwellegang?"
I hope this links will help, they are so cheap. i'd like to by some stuff too.
If I can help more, ask. And tell me what happened (with Kurbelwellegang  ;D)

Ciao
Prvi

Coil Coyle

Prvi,
       The sentence needs to ask for the drive gear from the crankshaft and the clutch basket with the driven gear.

I also need to ask about the cost of shipping. Anybody out there use German well enough to help?

Coil

Night Vision

I have been successful inquiring in English followed by that message translated using "IM Translator"

you'd be surprised how many people in this world are multi lingual.... get that many countries in a small area and you have to be able to communicate.
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Coil Coyle

Thanks, NV.
I went ahead and bid on the basket listed on Ebay.de, I'm at the shop right now. I'll try IM when I get home.
I had to come down here to find out what I used to log on to my new Google mail.
???
Coil