Thursday ride

Started by inanecathode, July 08, 2007, 01:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inanecathode

Me and a buddy from work (harley rider, no taunting) are planning on a ride from blackhawk to estes park for some awesome BBQ if any COROVers are interested.
I'm also free on friday if anyones down for some riding then as well.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

kwells

I won't be able to do any midweek rides if they are more than a couple hours and even then they'd have to be in the morning.  We will probably still try to do a COROV ride in a couple weeks though.  Is your V back on the road already? I am thinking about a ride out to Rocky Mtn. National park on to the other side and up Berthoud and then back out to Denver today.

*edit* scratch that...looks like it will rain in CO this season afterall, starting today
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

Not on the road yet but, turns out i dont have time to redo the bondo on the tank, just por it and paint it as is, worry about it later.
Just have to por/paint the tank then that's it.
Oh, figure out the brake too but, might end up just swapping the systems around with the parts bike and worry about it later.

h2olawyer

About what time do you expect to be leaving for Estes?  I may be able to meet you there for lunch - or possibly at the hwy 7 / 72 intersection (Peak 2 Peak & St. Vrain Canyon above Lyons).  Kind of depends on the thunderstorm forecast as well.  Would happily ride rain, but I don't want to get a "charge" out of the electrical activity.  However, it might help the stator last a little longer!   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

inanecathode

Boy... not entirely sure when we're leaving/if we're leaving. Havent started the V yet so i have no idea if i'll even be able to go. How about i call you when i leave? Should be morning some time.

h2olawyer

Life is getting in the way.  Can't make it after all.  Will still try to get a ride in, but not enough time to get up to Estes.

Hope your V starts & have a fun, safe ride.  Eat well!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

inanecathode

lol thanks dude :D maybe next time

inanecathode

Well, the guy won't go for some reason, didnt say why, just in a hurry.
Nevermind i guess :/
Back to painting.

inanecathode

Screw the painting! I rode today!
I went from my house over to georgetown, up over guanella pass, up 285 to fairplay, from fairplay to frisco, had yunch at "Deli Belly" (awesome italian grinder), up the road that goes to montezuma and deer creek (unexpected vision dualsporting!), then up loveland pass, over through hidyho springs, then back up 119 to my house :D

I filled up my newly pored never tested gastank and headed off for georgetown:

I stopped in front of the old hydro plant for georgetown and took a beauty shot

I then drove halfway up guanella and stopped at the tourist looky loo lookout station

I LOVED the ride up guanella even though the surface was like this. It was like riding enduro, picking your lines, taking the whoops

Made it over the top without much trouble, outside of a construction zone and a flagger who scoffed when i said harleys are soulless, i like the west side of guanella better

The west side of guanella is like your own personal road, good surface, noone around but you

And the whistle pigs

Things start to get a little damp over towards fairplay

All dried off and de-rain geared in frisco

I stopped for a grinder of epic proportions

I took a wrong turn and ended up halfway up a jeep road

I turned around and headed up loveland pass

Things started getting really damp over towards hideyho springs

After a short ride and a quick rinse i'm home and in one piece :)

don_vanecek

Nice pictures, ah a nice reminder of what it looked like up there, you lucky dog you (opps, did I see Shaggy someway?).

Ron_McCoy

Great pictures, great ride.   ;D ;D ;D

inanecathode

Zoiks! I like rides like that too, just ones that end up going wherever. After my tank gets fixed up and perhaps after i get my seat squared away (hurts my thighs for some reason, i've a memory foam block i'm inserting :D) i'll see if i cant go dork around down near the sanddunes.

supervision

Thanks for the report!    good trip,, hay that dirtbike looks this 1982  it125  Yama I have
" border="0

inanecathode

I got my xt250 in that pic (needs jets, been lazy about it) and my cb750.