News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Windshields

Started by ColinthePilot, July 10, 2007, 05:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GT @ oh.

Just let me know when to place my order ;D

h2olawyer

Me too - The 83 tank & all plastics are headed to the paint shop this fall.  The existing windshield would really look terrible with all the new, shiny paint!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Kenny

Hi,
  Reckon the 83 pattern windshield is on it's way sent it out via FedEx- you should get it within a couple of days.
I would be interested in +2" in height.
                           Havin-fun.  Ken S. :D
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

reckon

thanks kenny

I will have shark fairing windscreens available very soon, I just need to coat and polish the crap outta the mold

and it'll take about 3-6 weeks to make up the 83 windscreen mold, but after that it only takes a couple of hours to make a screen.

now I have to bribe my boss into letting me use the vac form machine for a couple of hours: they use 480V@150A, so they ain't cheap to run

if worse comes to worse, I'll just go buy a vacuum cleaner and a couple of quartz heaters and make my own vacuum form machine, I just have absolutely NO room for it anywhere

I think I see a tool shed in my near future
"if it's stupid but it works, it's no longer stupid"