News:

Main Menu

83 vision in NY $500

Started by d0n, July 11, 2007, 11:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d0n

I just got a new engine for my helix scooter so I've decided to sell the vision. I'm looking to sell it quick for $500. I've got 3 times that into it. It runs awesome. You could probably ride it home but it does need the starter clutch repair now. It's starting to make some noise. I haven't been riding it since the noise started. I have the owners manual, service manual, title and a bunch of other paperwork. 23k miles.
Picture below was taken 2 years ago. Now it has plently of surface rust from being stored in a moist warehouse last winter.

Bring $500 and come pick it up in Troy ny 12180.

Night Vision

what time Saturday should I be there?
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

d0n

I can be here anytime this weekend.

I'm offering it for $500 because I just want to move it. It's not getting any use and I don't really want to do the starter clutch repair that it needs.

She's got tons of new parts. Fork seals, tapered steering stem bearings, both tires (maybe 400 miles tops on the dunlops), rebuilt carbs, fresh engine oil, fresh gear oil, air filter, gas filter, new ngk plugs, battery is 3 years old and is good, K&G rack w/backrest and more that I can't remember right now.

The front brake cylinders should be rebuilt but the brakes work fine now.

Night Vision

let me check a few things first, but I'd hate to see you give it away to just anybody......
in the mean time.... it's fair game to anyone (just don't tell dj,   :-X k?  ;) )
;D

dj

Quote from: Night Vision on July 11, 2007, 02:46:50 PM
let me check a few things first, but I'd hate to see you give it away to just anybody......
in the mean time.... it's fair game to anyone (just don't tell dj,   :-X k?  ;) )

Price is right for me to talk the wife into it, especially since I'll be getting a reenlistment bonus in a few months, but the distance is a little to far away.  That would be about a 12-14 hour drive each way.
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

d0n

If it doesn't sell in a week or so I'll part it out on ebay.

kwells

that sounds like a veiled threat.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

GT @ oh.

Why don't you want to do the clutch repair? Its not hard at all... and would take less then 8 hrs.... and thats with driving time to the hardware store....parts are cheap as well.

zore

199 miles.  HMMMM.   ;D  I'm going to seriously think about this.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

kwells

thats not far to travel really
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

zore

No it's not.  My problem will be justifying 4 bikes in the garage.  2 being visions.  I was more interested in the carbs, front end and rear shock for my bike but it looks so darn pretty in the picture, I'd hate to rip it apart.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

dj

Just checked mapquest and it is only 401.25 miles.  Approx 6 hours and 40 minutes.  not as far away as I initially thought.  Tempting.......
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

h2olawyer

Save it from becoming eBay parts!  Bad enough to scrap a titled 82.  Scrapping a titled, running 83 could be grounds for justifiable homicide!!!   ;)  Especially when it needs a starter clutch & cosmetics.  Someone out there please save this V.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Night Vision

Quote from: zore on July 11, 2007, 08:32:42 PM
......My problem will be justifying 4 bikes in the garage.  2 being visions.  I was more interested in the carbs, front end and rear shock for my bike but it looks so darn pretty in the picture, I'd hate to rip it apart.

that would make 3 Visions outa 4 for me  :o I also had bad thoughts about parting it.... naw.....

Quote from: dj on July 11, 2007, 09:35:59 PM
Just checked mapquest and it is only 401.25 miles.  Approx 6 hours and 40 minutes.  not as far away as I initially thought.  Tempting.......

yeah, you had me going with that 14 hr. trip thing..... thought you we're really an eskimo or newfy or sumthin'

dOn, I called my bro.. he'll call me tomorrow night after he sleeps on it...

in the mean time, someone better step up and snatch it....

ooooohh Tiiiiiggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............
;D

Tiger

:'( Uh, uh NOT ME...Can't afford a third D.I.V.O.R.C.E...Besides, wedding cake gives me heartburn ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

ShaneSpring

Damn, wish it was a little closer to me  :)

ps2/bikevision

my buddy would kill for this bike. If it dont sell let me know ill get him out there to get it.   

do not put it on ebay.

d0n

Please don't expect the bike to look that nice when you come look at it. There are now small spots of surface rust all over the tank (which has been kreemed by the way) and the exhaust.

Cdnlouie

What conditions is the exhaust?  Are there any holes in them?  How long has the tank been Kreemed, recently or longer? What condition are the tires?

Would be nice to find a "good" home for the old girl.  I am at my garage limit as well but am always moved in the presence of an 83 Vision.

Louie

Riche

d0n

It's a shame you are selling it. I drove by your place 3 fridays ago and it was under a cover. No car out front so no stoping.
Gentlemen
last summer I did stop, no one was home, and this bike looked very good at that time. Yes it had spent some time in the weather but it was not hurt. Someone from this board should grab this one is d0n is not keeping it. d0n you should get some updated pictures to show it's current condition.

Riche