News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

83 vision in NY $500

Started by d0n, July 11, 2007, 11:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Vision

my bother has regrettably declined.... too happy with only one Vision and has too many HoneyDew projects......  :-[

sorry dOn...

If no one here steps up, then I would not begrudge you for tripling your asking price, or recouping your investment parting it out on eBay..... but please give members of the forum a chance to give a reasonable offer for the prime cuts

if you don't want to take the time and effort to do that, then I will.... such is life

give a drop dead date for the deal if you need too, and pm me as a last resort
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

d0n

Quote from: Cdnlouie on July 12, 2007, 02:03:35 PM
What conditions is the exhaust?  Are there any holes in them?  How long has the tank been Kreemed, recently or longer? What condition are the tires?

Would be nice to find a "good" home for the old girl.  I am at my garage limit as well but am always moved in the presence of an 83 Vision.

Louie

tires are dunlops and were just put on less than 400 miles ago. No holes in the exhaust but plenty of tiny spots of surface rust all over the mufflers. The exhaust is very solid. The tank has been kreemed for a long time... 3 or more years anyway. It was kreemed when I bought the bike.

Rich, it is always under a cover, parked in front of the house on the sidewalk. You've seen my little house with no driveway or garage so you know I don't have room for 2 bikes.  If I had a garage or driveway I'd keep the bike and fix the starter clutch when I get a round tu-it.

jgarry

Scott_Mc

This is a Vsion forum and this bike is not sold yet? :o 

:P a good running 83... I'm tempeted at that price  ;)  I'm even heading out to Syracuse next week!

Night vision, buy it would you please.
Owned an `82 XZ for 22(?) years!
Current 2-`85 and 1-`86 GS1150E/ 1-`85 GS700ES
Wanted:-ST1300 :-O !!

mdskinner731

wow 500 this is kinda tempting but i already have one vision project that i wanna finish b4 i get another... lol not to mention as of right now i am $490.00  away from your asking price :'(god damnit all...
"he who has the most toys when they die, wins..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if it moves and its not supposed to-duct tape
if it dont move and its supposed to- wd-40
Redneck Law

dj

I talked it over with my wife and she didn't answer me, just gave me "the look".

So I figure since she didn't say no, and that I am not a mind reader that she must have meant yes!  :P
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

d0n

I think I could probably sell just the "lucky" rebuilt carbs, wheels with newish dunlops and fairing for $500 on ebay. Maybe I'll just part her out. Somebody needs to save the old girl before I get my tool set out!  :)

zore

I think i just cried a little.  :'(
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

d0n

Me too!  :'( I paid $550 for it and then proceeded to sink many dollars and many hours into it.

Night Vision

Quote from: Scott_Mc on July 13, 2007, 09:52:51 AM
This is a Vsion forum and this bike is not sold yet? :o 

:P a good running 83... I'm tempeted at that price  ;)  I'm even heading out to Syracuse next week!

Night vision, buy it would you please.

I'm in the process of a very expensive frame up build right now..... my offer still stands that if no one wants it, and dOn doesn't part it out.... then I would and you'd all hate me for that, I'm sure
;D

Scott_Mc

Owned an `82 XZ for 22(?) years!
Current 2-`85 and 1-`86 GS1150E/ 1-`85 GS700ES
Wanted:-ST1300 :-O !!

inanecathode

For god sakes. I'd have flown out there and driven it back if it was any closer ><!
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

firstone

DOn:  Please PM me with your information so that I can make arrangements.  I need to get a wheel chock system for my trailer.  The wife has smiled !

d0n

Quote from: Scott_Mc on July 13, 2007, 12:23:57 PM

ebay it whole

I thought of that but I'd rather do a private sale. So much easier.

Night Vision

Quote from: firstone on July 13, 2007, 05:20:13 PM
DOn:  Please PM me with your information so that I can make arrangements.  I need to get a wheel chock system for my trailer.  The wife has smiled !

YAY!!!! middle of the month is a good thing!

;D

wolf

Uh oh,looks like I may be one hour too late...but if firstone can't do this deal, I will, somehow. Just talked to Tiger at the Friday 13, Port Dover meet (soooo many bikes...)
and we figure this is the perfect project bike. This involves paperwork, the border, trailer etc.( and an offer to Night Vision he might not, maybe, uh...somehow refuse..)
---wolf.

h2olawyer

Glad it's getting saved!!!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Night Vision

Quote from: wolf on July 13, 2007, 06:46:15 PM
Uh oh,looks like I may be one hour too late...but if firstone can't do this deal, I will, somehow. Just talked to Tiger at the Friday 13, Port Dover meet (soooo many bikes...)
and we figure this is the perfect project bike. This involves paperwork, the border, trailer etc.( and an offer to Night Vision he might not, maybe, uh...somehow refuse..)
---wolf.

ha ha, I was a couple of hours too late making up my mind also....

dOn, now you have two backup offers... I will defer second runner up to Wolf who was looking for a vision for his son....

NightVision ( hitting forehead because I forgot Wolf was looking.... but thought he was going for the yeller one )
;D

d0n

it appears to be spoken for. If firstone doesnt pick it up within a  reasonable time I'll let wolf know.

firstone

Hi Don; I ordered the wheel chock, should be in some time this upcoming week.  Meanwhile I think I will reinforce the sides of my trailer and use some much larger bolts to bolt the wooden portions to the frame.  ;D  I'll give you a call to set up.