News:

Main Menu

Electrex is now ElectroSport?

Started by Superfly, May 17, 2005, 11:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfly

I was looking around, and found this out, Just got pointed to the new website:

https://www.electrosport.com
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

pat sullivan

Yes, and they are all out regulator/rectifier's, with a 60 day wait for a new supply.  The reason they gave me over the phone is that they are changing suppliers and their new supplier has to re-tool.  The guy I talked to on the phone had no information on whether they were expecting a higher quality product.

Looks like Rick's is the only alternative right now.

Pat S.

tremalzo

QuoteLooks like Rick's is the only alternative right now.

Maybe this is an alternative?

http://www.bbbikeshop.co.uk/acatalog/Browse___Best___Buy_Yamaha_Alternators_142.html

Tremalzo

pat sullivan

Good find, Tremalzo.  Their part numbers are the same as Electrex, so I assume that's what they are supplying.  If Electrosport will no lomger be using Electrex, then the site you mentioned should be a source for electrex stuff.  They're in the UK but ship worldwide.

Also after I posted my previous response, I found that Dennis Kirk has both the Electrex and Rick's items in stock.  It will be interesting to see if they continue with Electrex.  

Pat S.

h2olawyer

Looks like Electrex has just changed its name.  Their diagnostic chart & other places on the site still say Electrex.

My Rick's stator looked pretty good when I took the left cover off a couple weeks ago.  1 year & 2K miles.  Browned a bit but otherwise solid.

Rick's R/Rs are the exact same ones that were originally supplied on the Vision.  At least they were last year.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.