Another XZ video clip :)

Started by Stuman, July 12, 2007, 05:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuman

Hi i made this video clip today. I tryed how it drives without air filter and the difference was amazeing! I think to put two K&N because my soon will became for repacement and my air filter dealer (DELO) was stopped the production. :( 
I notice that without filter the angine is much more quick but in high rpm (~8000 for example) i can feel the lack of gasoline...i think..but in low rpm - to 6000 is...wooow...what a torque! :P
What do you think about K&N solution? And anybody knows wich K&N fits to XZ's carbs?  :)

Enjoy the video!  :D    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwvM8DyvtJ0

Regards!  ;)

kwells

awesome.  Is that a predator exhaust?   I've run mine without the airbox as well and it sounds pretty throaty.  I think K & Ns CAN work but I also think they your carbs have to be set up perfectly for it to not stumble while under load.  Did you take it for a spin without the box or just rev it in the driveway?
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Stuman

Quote from: kwells on July 12, 2007, 05:43:21 PM
awesome.  Is that a predator exhaust?   I've run mine without the airbox as well and it sounds pretty throaty.  I think K & Ns CAN work but I also think they your carbs have to be set up perfectly for it to not stumble while under load.  Did you take it for a spin without the box or just rev it in the driveway?

I don't know what kind of exaust is that. Ii was on the bike when i bought it. Yes i take it for a spin and and as i said the difference was amazing. The engine is more quicker then before and it's roaring like a beast...it sound's scary and respectable. On the video it is not sound's like on real.  ;D COOL!  ;D
The another think...this "stumble while under load"...sometimes i feel it...when i hit the gas and the bike is getting stumble for a moment and then accelerates...it means just like very rich mixture. Now i know...i need a good set up for the carbs. And when i must make this set up? With K&N's or with the old filter? Or it doesen't have any matter? Thank you!  ;)

Regards!  :)

P.P. I saw replacemant air filter in denniskirk website. Are they good filters? Any opinions?  ???

h2olawyer

The filters on the Dennis Kirk site are made by UNI-Filter.  They are the oiled foam type.  Some people have complained that the foam seal on the bottom of the filter doesn't meet the airbox lip very well.  I have one of these filters and have absolutely no complaints about it.  It makes the intake growl more than the OEM paper filter.  I also like the fact they are cleanable & reusable.  Never need to find a new one - at least until the foam eventually wears out.

Didn't really notice any performance or fuel mileage changes - either for the better or worse.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

inanecathode

Oh shit i havent oiled mine yet!
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////