News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

custom vision pics

Started by ZspinZ, July 15, 2007, 01:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZspinZ

No... I do not have a any custom vision pics to show you... however I would really like to do some custom work to my vision so I want everyone to post every custom thing done on a vision whether it is headlight, bars, forks, fenders, seats, fairings, engine, paint job... anything.  I WANT TO SEE IT!  So post what you've got or what you have found!

Night Vision

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

ZspinZ

WOW! That is quite a database!

Aelwulf

Bug inanecathode for pics of his project one whenever it gets done. ;)

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

Lucky

i've customised several things, i've posted pics in the past, so they are all over, here's a partial list. * marked ones are reccomended to help keep the V alive.

****installed fuel filter
* moved R/R to passenger foot peg & direct soldered wires
installed custom oil cooler
custom seat (I copied a Corbin)
Stripped upper tripple tree & risers of paint, shiney aluminum looks good clearcoated.
installed ambient temp guage, oil pressure, clock & **voltmeter in dash (83 fairing)
* installed fan switch in dash to turn it on manualy if needed
*installed fork brace
custom windshield taller, tinted & flip-up
K&N rack & backrest
Shoie Hard bags & aux lighting
new DK tank bag (using it for a tail bag.
Kevins "shortie" t/s stalks
* rewired t/s sockets for 1157 bulbs
* cut rev limiter & side stand circuits.
wired oil pressure warning light as side stand down warning light.
* foam grips
stainless trim cover over right side clutch access plug
* replaced anemic horn with a set from a Ford Tarus (use a relay!!!)
*upgraded headlight to 90/130 bright white

there's more, but that's all i can think of for now.

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

ColinthePilot

I keep seeing references to the "R/R". what is that?
Colin
It pissed me off, so I jammed a screwdriver into it, hit it with a hammer, and spun it around with a pair of vice grips. Let that serve as a warning

Lucky

Regulator/Rectifier.

it's that finned solid box that sits on the back of the battery box...directly over the rear exhaust.  it's job is to take the AC electricity the stator produces (located inside the left engine case), convert it (rectify) to DC & keep it at a regulated level of approx 14.5 volts.

it makes heat which will damage it.  it is solid state components sealed in epoxy.  it should be moved to a cool air stream or at least have a cpu fan installed on it.
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Carlie_89

inanecathode

I wish i had more on mine done so i could show you pictures, but:
Standard bars
4 into 4 exhaust
Relocated battery, electrics, coolant bottle
Custom endcap
Chopped seat
Brushed steel tank
Custom gauge cluster
Round headlight
Whitewall tires (if i can get them lol)

Wish i had pics of, well, anything. But alot of the things above are kind of half done at this point. Got the bar mounts/tree clamps blueprinted but not machined yet. Have half of the mold for the tail box done, seat foam and pan are done but not upholstered. Tank is half sealed (pored though). Gauge cluster surround is almost done.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ZspinZ

The yoke and risers do look nice stripped and clear coated!

zore

My mods are mostly cosmetic.  I took the rear fender off.  Added a round headlight off my ducati monster as well as the signals.  Mac exhaust, low riser bars and rear sets off a euro spec bike.  I put a ducati monster bikini fairing on it but it needs to be painted.

1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

mdskinner731

ya kno zore that bike dont look to bad with out the rear fender!!!! iv toyed with the idea of taking mine off but never did for fear of breaking bolts or sumthin like that.... which i doubt it will ever happen but...
"he who has the most toys when they die, wins..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if it moves and its not supposed to-duct tape
if it dont move and its supposed to- wd-40
Redneck Law

ZspinZ

has anyone found any pics of a vision with a more modern sport bike fairing added to it?  gsx, fzr, cbr, ect...?

ColinthePilot

Quote from: ZspinZ on July 18, 2007, 01:06:05 PM
has anyone found any pics of a vision with a more modern sport bike fairing added to it?  gsx, fzr, cbr, ect...?
eeewwwww...imho
Colin
It pissed me off, so I jammed a screwdriver into it, hit it with a hammer, and spun it around with a pair of vice grips. Let that serve as a warning

ZspinZ

I see colin is a huge fan ;D

kiawrench

mine is a jumble of happy ideas ,some worked ,some didnt
custom seat
oil cooler mods
moved r/r
rear sets
vetter fairing
seca II turbo hard saddlebags
givi trunk
650 conversion( done by first owner, and done well
euro gear kit installed
on/off petcock kit  (original sort of died )
two stage fuel filter  with heat wrap
front exhaust pipes are wrapped ,bobber style to point under the pegs
crash guards  with super short highway pegs
helmet lock moved to handlebars
foam grips
bar end dampeners
tinted windscreen
custom two tone paint
vw silver and honda silver metallic mixed , with blue panels
fork brace
headlight upgraded to standard sylvania super whites
full running light mods to my turn signal housings
adjustable backrest for days when trunk is not mounted
hidden document holder(see: http://www.bikesax.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ACCGRIFT01&Category_Code=ACC-ESS)
am/fm radio /w headphone jack
garmin gps w/ remote base unit and 3 in screen(useless in motion )
two way radio setup, with intercom (depending on helmets used for the ride)
and a lot of tlc

keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

kwells

hmm hidden document folder....are you a secret agent? 
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

kiawrench

not any sort of secret anything,, i just got tired of having to dig through my saddlebags to find all my bike documents when i got pulled over, so i bought this :

http://www.bikesax.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ACCGRIFT01&Category_Code=ACC-ESS    19.99 plus shipping

this is a polyresin type box that bolts to bike where lic plate goes, then plate bolts to the box. the key hole is barely noticeable and if ever i nedd to get into it ,i know i have my papers, bike permit and 40.00 cash to work with ,always on the bike, and it is dry,safe and still there after two years .
i think this is one of the best aftermarket items we can get for our bikes.  the same company also makes a similar item for cars, but it is a bit too easy to get into .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

zore

This thread is useless with out pictures.  Please post. 
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

Aelwulf

Quote from: kiawrench on July 19, 2007, 10:48:08 PM
not any sort of secret anything,, i just got tired of having to dig through my saddlebags to find all my bike documents when i got pulled over, so i bought this :

http://www.bikesax.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ACCGRIFT01&Category_Code=ACC-ESS    19.99 plus shipping

this is a polyresin type box that bolts to bike where lic plate goes, then plate bolts to the box. the key hole is barely noticeable and if ever i nedd to get into it ,i know i have my papers, bike permit and 40.00 cash to work with ,always on the bike, and it is dry,safe and still there after two years .
i think this is one of the best aftermarket items we can get for our bikes.  the same company also makes a similar item for cars, but it is a bit too easy to get into .

I've got one of those on mine as well, has come in handy a couple of times already keeping me from having to remember to keep 'em in my wallet, etc.  Right now it just has my registration and insurance card in it but might put my MSF card in as well.  The cash idea isn't bad either, might start doing so myself. :) It's not overly obvious either since the license plate is attached to the front and it doesn't have much of a side profile.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)