News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Best new rectifier???

Started by TODDF, July 12, 2007, 10:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TODDF

Well, my rectifier tested bad so I got a used one that tested bad too. So now I'm going to buy a new one (My stator tested good).

Electro Sport and RMSTATOR both offer new units they say are better than OEM.  Electro costs more than RMSTATOR.  I emailed both asking how their units are better than OEM.  Electro did not respond and RMSTATOR emailed back "Extra sensor built in".

Does anyone have an opinion on which is the best way to go for a replacement rectifier:  OEM, RMSTATOR, or ELECTRO SPORT???

Thanks!

h2olawyer

Lots of choices, but stay away from Electrosport.  I replaced mine with one from Rick's which turned out to be the exact same thing as an OEM R/R.  Same manufacturer, part # and everything.  Just a fair amount less than Yamaha sells it for.

I've heard good things about RMStator - as far as how they are to deal with.  Don't know about their product quality.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Night Vision

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

TODDF

Thanks for the heads up on the ElectroSport.  There are some posts here I found saying that they are the same as Electrix and that they are selling junky R/Rs and stators from China that go bad soon.  I also read a guy saying the Rick's job went bad in 1000 mi.  So I emailed RMSTATOR again and asked if they are made in China... the reply, "Yes they are".     Dang, now where to go!  Guess I better keep trying used till I get an un-fried one.

h2olawyer

I had a Rick's stator go bad in 1000 miles.  That could be what you remember reading.  The Regulator / Rectifier I got from them is exactly the same as the OEM unit and has ben running great for several thousand miles.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

firstone

Just bought one from RMSTATOR.  Only took a couple of days to get here and working as it should.  As for how long it will last TBD.

TODDF

H2O,
So you mean you bought two from Ricks... one that croaked at 1000mi and another that is working after several 1000??

Firestone,
Let us know how the RMstator job works out. 

Thanks

h2olawyer

I bought one stator and one R/R from Rick's.  The stator died but the R/R is working great.  The stator is located inside the left side case cover, and creates the electricity.  The R/R (regulator / rectifier) is located behind the battery and regulates the amount of electricity the bike gets.  I tried to be clear on that.  A stator and a R/R are not the same thing.

H2O

dj

Quote from: firstone on July 13, 2007, 09:13:57 PM
Just bought one from RMSTATOR.  Only took a couple of days to get here and working as it should.  As for how long it will last TBD.

How much?  I'm looking for a stator for the second V that I picked up yesterday.
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)