7-18 National Ride Your Motorcycle To Work Day

Started by Ron_McCoy, July 18, 2007, 12:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron_McCoy

Wednesday is National Ride your Motorcycle To Work Day, really! 

Kevin

kwells

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

ProfessorRex

I'll sit on mine and pretend:
#1 that it's rideable
#2 that I'm employed

Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

kwells

ah the land of make believe and all its luxuries
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

zore

Mr. Rogers rides me to work every day.   ;D
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

zore

1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

Coil Coyle

Ron,
         Thanks for the reminder. Last year someone had posted a poster file and I had it hung in the shop. Would have missed it if you hadn't posted this.
         Jackson County had a cool day, I slept so well that I lifted my left arm above my head and it woke me up as the joint fell out of place. Popped right back in as I lowered it so I ice bagged it, ate some ibuprofen and went right back to sleep. A moderate fall rain started around 9PM, a tropical system, a pleasant rain. The kind of rain the Navajo call "female". We went out back and tarped the aviary right at dark after the birds had enjoyed a brief little shower.

I had a nice ride to work in this rain at 11:45 to 12:10AM and must have been one of the first PST Rides to Work today. In the morning the Harley guys will be able to park their pickups and see a motorcycle in the parking lot.

:)
Coil

zore

This is the worst ride to work I've ever had.  It's just dumping rain.   >:(
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

Coil Coyle

Quote from: zore on July 18, 2007, 07:57:21 AM

Zore,
         No Harley's on the road, right?
;D
Coil

Brian Moffet

Quote from: zore on July 18, 2007, 05:12:29 AM
That really didn't come out right!  :o

No, but i'm glad I wasn't drinking anything  ;D

zore

Quote from: coilXZcoyle on July 18, 2007, 08:36:00 AM

Zore,
;D
Coil

I actually got passed by one splitting traffic while I was waiting for people to get thru the blocked streets.  Evidently it flooded up north in NJ.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Coil Coyle

Quote from: zore on July 18, 2007, 10:15:39 AM
Quote from: coilXZcoyle on July 18, 2007, 08:36:00 AM

Zore,
;D
Coil

I actually got passed by one splitting traffic while I was waiting for people to get thru the blocked streets.  Evidently it flooded up north in NJ.

Zore,
           It's good to know that there are still some Motorcyclists who ride Harley's 8)
Air America just announced not to take some Parkway in NY, you must be getting a good one.
:o
Lucky,
            You should at least ride down and have a cuppa coffee...
;D
Coil

zore

I'm reflecting on my 2 hour ride this morning sitting in traffic on my Daytona on an 85 degree day while wearing my riding gear and rain gear.  Needless to say, I smelled like a foot when I finally made it to work.  Ride to work day can bite me!  ;D
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

ColinthePilot

Quote from: ProfessorRex on July 18, 2007, 01:52:44 AM
I'll sit on mine and pretend:
#1 that it's rideable
#2 that I'm employed
I would sit on mine and pretend but
#1. its raining out and
#2. I already came home from work.
I went into work for all of an hour and a half today, spent at least 15 min of that chugging coffee and BSing with some folks, didn't see this till i got home at 5 till ten.

Colin
It pissed me off, so I jammed a screwdriver into it, hit it with a hammer, and spun it around with a pair of vice grips. Let that serve as a warning

Aelwulf

Quote from: zore on July 18, 2007, 10:43:03 AM
I'm reflecting on my 2 hour ride this morning sitting in traffic on my Daytona on an 85 degree day while wearing my riding gear and rain gear.  Needless to say, I smelled like a foot when I finally made it to work.  Ride to work day can bite me!  ;D

Same here.  I'm ridin' in, short bit from the apartment I start smokin.  Look down and I'm spewin' coolant.  Pull over, find a hose popped off.  went to a grocery store, put it back on, put in distilled water and figured good to go.  Two miles later it does it again.  ends up for some reason the clamp is way back on it.  Ride it to the dealership after fixing it again (the top hose so each time the tank has to come off).  Sit there for an hour waiting for them to open.  I end up using a couple of their tools to get the clamp on.  Ride into work without anymore problems but at one point the lower arms of my uniform were soaked.  It was only 80-85 but I was barely moving any so just sat there getting warmer.

Knock on wood the ride home will be uneventful.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

Ron_McCoy

Beautiful rides to and from work today, the usual 10 miles of tight and twisties and then another 16 miles of sweepers and then that little V-twin just humming along the next 18 miles down the freeway to work.
57 degrees when I left and 70 down in the valley, hardly any traffic  The return was equally nice and nice and cool too since I didn't get off work til about 7:00 pm.  It was the 12 1/2  hours between rides that sucked. One of those days.  Oh well, one more day and off to Laguna Seca.   ;D ;D ;D

haunter

82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.