FOV (Flyers of Vision)

Started by ColinthePilot, July 15, 2007, 07:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColinthePilot

One of the threads in the General section was veering toward flying airplanes and away from riding Visions, so I figured I'd start a thread for those of us who ride AND fly. Any pilots around here?
Colin
It pissed me off, so I jammed a screwdriver into it, hit it with a hammer, and spun it around with a pair of vice grips. Let that serve as a warning

abogado68

I don't fly. I'm on airplanes a lot because of my job. I'm an attorney and I have a client who sales pork. His company has about 500 employees between, Guadalajara, Acapulco, Mexico City and Penjamo, Guanajuato. I'm their head attorney, so I'm always traveling by plane to Mexico City and Acapulco. Actually I will fly to Acapulco tomorrow. In Mexico, we have a number of airlines. These past 4 years the low cost airlines have sprung which is good for the economy. Mexicana, has the most modern air fleet. AirMexico flies direct to Europe, Asia and all Latin America. Actually AirMexico flies direct to Acapulco from Guadalajara. The use a medium size jet, an Embrauer actually. It's real nice. Most of these jets are flown by women pilots in their mid 20's. Our airforce though, is not big. Basically helicopters a few outdated jet fighters, and a bunch of presidential jets. They also have a good size fleet of embrauers for fighting narcotics basically. I would like to learn to fly some time.

YellowJacket!

I used to fly in the Civil Air Patrol when I was a kid.  Never persued it further when I grew up though.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

abogado68

Now you fly a vision :D :D :D :D

ColinthePilot

Colin
It pissed me off, so I jammed a screwdriver into it, hit it with a hammer, and spun it around with a pair of vice grips. Let that serve as a warning

steve

My Dad flew a '60 Beech Debonair back in the 60's.  My twin brother had a '64 Debonair in the 90's. I flew a lot with both of them but neither have their planes anymore.  It was fun while it lasted!  The vision is a lot cheaper to operate and fix so...

ColinthePilot

Nice birds! You're absolutely right about the vision. thats why i have a motorcycle and not an airplane
Colin

Aelwulf

I'm VERY slowly working on my private certification.  The VA used to cover the costs but haven't for a few years now. :( I've taken the ground class (passed but not sure now, did terrible on the last part due to my unit suddenly putting me on a streak of shifts they weren't supposed to).  I need to get all the flying classes/hours in, then probably retake the ground class depending how much I recall during the actual flying.  One of these days I might finish it.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

ColinthePilot

don't sweat the ground school. save your money and study the Gleim manual/software for your written exam. Just concentrate on the flying and get the "Private Pilot Practical Test Standards" book (about $10) and the "Private Pilot Oral Exam Guide" (also about $10) and study those. ground courses are just an easy moneymaker for flight schools.
Colin

Brian Moffet

I've been flying since around 1994 or so.  Got my initial training in Cessna 150s.  I then learned to fly the 172, and the 182.  I then did the tail-wheel sign-off so that I could learn that.  My eventual goal in flying is to fly a P-51.  I figure if I don't make it, I should have fun along the path.  I've taken aerobatics courses  with Sean D. Tucker (or his chief instructor, the last flight was with Sean in the Pitts S2C).  I've flown Piper Cubs, Champs, Piper Archers, Warriors, Pitts S2B, Geat Lakes, the Stinson I own, RV-9 and RV-10.

I'm based out of Watsonville CA, anyone interested in seeing the Monterey Bay from the air, let me know.  I've flown the Stinson down to Orange County, about a 3:45 hour flight.  We stopped for lunch in Santa Maria along the way...

Here's a photo of me after my winning aerobatics flight. (It was in Basic, pretty straight-forward.  I was doing a lesson every month or more.)  My wife took the photo.

ColinthePilot

I started in 01-02, got my private in 03, instrument 04 commercial and multi-commercial-instrument in 06. I've also done a short aerobatics course (6.6hrs) in a superDecathlon but didn't get the tailwheel endorsement. Originally i was based out of Martin State Airport(MTN) near Baltimore,MD. After i finished my private i moved to Daytona Beach to go to college and did everything else out of Daytona International (DAB). Now i'm in San Antonio at Randolph Air Force Base and after i finish pumping money into the V i'm going to find an FBO that I can rent a complex single.
Colin