My *NEW* Tank Arrived Today!

Started by YellowJacket!, October 03, 2006, 01:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visionrevisit

I called them this morning the guy speaks english
011 49 2603919570
They only have gray ones and I got the one on the ebay.de

their email is info@sporthuette.com they want 99,40 EU

%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.de%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D130025231414%26fvi%3D1

red66tempest

I e-mailed and faxed Sporthuette. They said the only tanks they have are in their ebay-store.  I looked there are no Vision tanks!!!  Ya snooze ya lose!!

These tanks are like new!  They're 'NOS'  If that means 'Not Oringinal Stock', then someone, other than Yamaha, must make them.  Obviously alot of us need tanks for our visions.

How do we find out who made them?  IT would be great to get 10 to 20 tanks for whoever needs them!

Suggestions????

Jim

Brian Moffet

NOS means "New Old Stock", in other words original stock that was never sold and is still in "new" condition.

Brian

red66tempest

All,

Well so much for that idea!  How do we find out if there is still some more 'new old stock' tanks around?

Jim

YellowJacket!

Quote from: red66tempest on October 06, 2006, 10:00:31 PM
All,

Well so much for that idea!  How do we find out if there is still some more 'new old stock' tanks around?

Jim

The best thing to do is be patient and keep looking.  I knew I needed a tank when I first got my bike over a year ago. I looked and begged and looked some more but no luck.  The day after my tank came up on ebay and I bought it (It was "buy it now"), two or three other ones popped up.  I then started having second thoughts about my purchase because a "vision gremlin" took my tank and got it repaired for me - I think as an early birthday present.  After patching, welding and sealing the tank, it it tight and dry again.  But, it has had a lot of work done to it.  Both sides have been repaired and leaks have been fixed, so I'm going to take my time and do the new tank right.
As for the old tank,  may sell it in the future.  It no longer leaks and is good and solid underneath thanks to the Rhinoliner I sprayed underneath it. ;D

Keep your eyes peeled and keep searching ebay...not just ebay US...do worldwide searches.

Key: serarch for XZ550 Tank, XZ 550 Tank and Vision Tank for starters. Subscribe to the searches and you will get an email when a new one is listed.

Good Luck,

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Per

Try this one!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Yamaha-XZ550-XZ-500-Tank_W0QQitemZ280034325083QQihZ018QQcategoryZ96383QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
A bit more expensive but has no bids. Says he only post to Europe but you could always contact the seller and ask. He has a gray one also. Bought mine from sporthuette a year ago and it was really new.
/Per

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Per on October 09, 2006, 07:49:28 AM
Try this one!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Yamaha-XZ550-XZ-500-Tank_W0QQitemZ280034325083QQihZ018QQcategoryZ96383QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
A bit more expensive but has no bids. Says he only post to Europe but you could always contact the seller and ask. He has a gray one also. Bought mine from sporthuette a year ago and it was really new.
/Per

Looks like bidding ended on it.

I got my tank from sporthuette too.  its a great tank.

David

red66tempest

Dave.  That didn't say Sporthuette.  Did you recognize the guys name?  But the price is a lot more than you paid.  With shipping, this will run about $375.  ???  What did yours cost?
JIm

Per

YellowJacket!

Quote from: red66tempest on October 09, 2006, 11:06:13 PM
Dave.  That didn't say Sporthuette.  Did you recognize the guys name?  But the price is a lot more than you paid.  With shipping, this will run about $375.  ???  What did yours cost?
JIm

No, didn't recognize that sellers name.  Per just posted a link to one on ebay that comes with all the "plastics" which looks like a very good find.  Shipping is via DHL which should be pretty quick and is listed at 62 euro which is about 75.00.

David

Night Vision

Quote from: Per on October 10, 2006, 01:44:18 AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/yamaha-xz-550-Lacksatz-Tank-Seitendeckel-Kotfluegel-Embl_W0QQitemZ300034297546QQihZ020QQcategoryZ49923QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Another one! Seller says it's used but looks real nice. Sends worldwide.
/Per

a word of caution from my EuroBay experiences.... the Europeans rarely take paypal. you should always verify paypal with the seller before you bid. Wire transfers cost money, USPS does not have international money orders for Germany.

there....I warned you..... I feel better now  :)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

YellowJacket!

Was playin around today and took the tank off to look at my carb jets and decided to slide the new tank on and see how it looks.

Heres some pics of the international Vision

No Emblems

Old Tank

David

Lucky

Why do i wanna say Cyborg vision??
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Tiger

Dave,
I have the two "plastic's" that go either side of the seat in that grey, if you want them....

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

YellowJacket!

Well, I finally got around to it and put eurotank on yellowjacket.  Its still primer coated gray but I'm saving to get it painted soon.  I got smokin joes tank (yellow jackets old one) all boxed up today to send to him.  ;D

Also had some time to put the new caliper on the right side of the bike.  Things are fianlly taking shape.  Now just to get the tank painted.

David

Scott_Mc

Quote from: DaveTN on October 03, 2006, 01:19:49 PM

....Im currently torn as to what to do.  It is in such good condition that I'm reluctant to strip it down and paint it yellow to match my bike.  I actually think it would be easier to paint the side panels and fender silver to match it...or just get some extras and paint them......

While the yellow is nice, my vote(probably too late) is to stick with silverw/the stripe.  Euro-spec Vision!  Get the extended rear fenderand you are there!  I've always liked the OEM stripe.  Breaks it up a little and makes the bike go faster!
Owned an `82 XZ for 22(?) years!
Current 2-`85 and 1-`86 GS1150E/ 1-`85 GS700ES
Wanted:-ST1300 :-O !!

ironb12s

Yah, I'm with Scott, that silver and white is sharp!  I think that you might get away with just repaint/replace side panels, leave front fender alone or lay a silver band on it.  Tie it all together with yellow pinstriping on the tank and side panels, even if it just goes over the black on the edge of the white graphic and carries onto the side cover, and meets a strip of yellow carried thru from the tail piece.   8)

That is one VERY pretty tank, and a VERY pretty silver.  H2O, thoughts?
SOC-UK 19744*MIG 821*IBA 9200*AMA 580210
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Book: "She don't look like much."
KayLee: "'Ah-uh, she'll fool ya."

mdskinner731

ya kno that is a pretty sharp lookin tank & i like the color..
"he who has the most toys when they die, wins..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if it moves and its not supposed to-duct tape
if it dont move and its supposed to- wd-40
Redneck Law

ironb12s

I didn't notice the dates, and realized that this thread had it's heyday a year ago.  So, DaveTN, how'd it turn out?
SOC-UK 19744*MIG 821*IBA 9200*AMA 580210
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Book: "She don't look like much."
KayLee: "'Ah-uh, she'll fool ya."

YellowJacket!

The tank, as of three days ago is on the bike and is currently primer coated.  I have been saving up to get it painted but every time I get some cash, something comes up.  The original tank is all boxed up and waiting to be sent to smokinjoe, another ROV member.

I posted a whole thread "How To" last year with lots of pics of stripping the eurotank and getting it ready.  I'll look for it and revive it.

David