News:

Main Menu

Additional Brake Light...

Started by Tanno, August 29, 2007, 08:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanno

As I had talked to H2O about, I've done it. Although, there are still changes to be done w/ the wiring. Here's some pics:

That last one just about overwhelmed the cam. I'll try to get a better picture.
Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

YellowJacket!

Now THATS a cool idear!  ;D  ;D  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

are those LED's in the tail light to, or just stock?

does viewing angle make a difference?
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

h2olawyer

That looks great, Tanno!  Maybe we can eventually get that trim piece made with the LED holes.  I know many of them have either cracked or broken entirely. 

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tanno

Viewing angle does make a difference and the stock brake light is not LEDs, but I do believe I used 2157 bulbs.

The LEDs I used have a narrow viewing angle because of the high brightness (3000 mcd).

"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

Night Vision

Quote from: Tanno on August 29, 2007, 04:40:13 PM
Viewing angle does make a difference ...The LEDs I used have a narrow viewing angle because of the high brightness (3000 mcd).

still, I think it's a good safety feature... what's your estimated cost and how long until we see plug-n-play production?
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

QBS

Love the "out of the box" thinking.  This one of the things that make ROV so valuable. 

YellowJacket!

I'd like to see some LED running lights integrated into the front of the bike for more visibility.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Kevin

I installed 3 led's on the taillight sides on my sons V. After 4 years they are still working.

kwells

would be cool to have them inserted all the way around the tail light, on the back of the hand grips.  That would brighten up the scenery behind you in a flood of red.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Tanno

Quote from: kwells on August 30, 2007, 12:55:56 AM
would be cool to have them inserted all the way around the tail light, on the back of the hand grips.  That would brighten up the scenery behind you in a flood of red.

I was thinking of that also, but probably would not be able to use them as grips anymore. Very hard to integrate into the grips as it is because they are rubber wrapped steel.

Quote from: DaveTN on August 29, 2007, 10:07:28 PM
I'd like to see some LED running lights integrated into the front of the bike for more visibility.

David

This can be done and I'm thinking about it.

Quote from: Night Vision on August 29, 2007, 08:12:23 PM

still, I think it's a good safety feature... what's your estimated cost and how long until we see plug-n-play production?

You send me your trim and I'll do it for $30. If you give me a couple of weeks, I can probably get that cost down to about $20.

haunter

there is a piece of my FZR I would love to have that done too, its just plastic so it would prolly be easier!
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

Night Vision

Quote from: Tanno on August 30, 2007, 01:30:47 AM

Quote from: Night Vision on August 29, 2007, 08:12:23 PM

You send me your trim and I'll do it for $30. If you give me a couple of weeks, I can probably get that cost down to about $20.

that's reasonable... I was kinda inquiring for other members... I have a rack that would cover that up, and I'm not sure what I'm doing to the project bike yet
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tanno

I have another project I'm working on. I will update w/ pics when it's done. About a week from now.