News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Vandals die!

Started by Aelwulf, September 02, 2007, 09:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aelwulf

I'm in the new house.  I was parking my V in the garage with the roommate's VW until the movers came with my stuff.  It filled up the garage and a fair bit of the rest of the house so both of those have had to park outside the past week.  He's been parking to the side of the garage and I've been in the driveway in front of the garage door.  No problems the whole week.  Today I ride my bike to get a storage unit for a lot of said crap, ride it back to get my truck.  Take truck over, pick up U-Haul and park truck, bring back U-Haul and load it, notice small machine screw in driveway not thinking much of it since we're right on a main road.  Take carp to storage, return U-Haul and get truck, go get groceries.  Get back, move bike back into garage (not quite enough room again yet for roomies car).  While doing this as my roommate is backing out I turn around to look at the bike and DAMMIT!, BOTH turn signal covers are missing.  I mean, as in screws removed and all.  I had just picked up the screw I saw earlier with some other trash and sure enough, it fits one of the now-empty holes.  Some bastard (or bastards) came along, WITH a screwdriver, and stole my turn signal covers.  Not the bulbs, nothing else, just the frakkin' covers.  WTH is up with that?  And the last morning it's sitting out too, figures.

That said, anyone know if Yamaha still carries 'em or have any lyin' around I could buy off 'em?  My truck's probably about to have to go back in the shop again and I have to ride the bike.  Unfortunately it's been clunkin' on startup on occasion in the lower front area so hope it's not about to die on me before the truck's straightened out.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

YellowJacket!

If you catch them can I brand them with a burning stator?

That sucks.  Totally premeditated.  On the otherr hand, maybe another Vision owner, unknown to ROV lives near you and is just playing a cruel joke?  Still should be branded though just for the aggravation of it.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Aelwulf

Game for me, if they have any skin left to brand after I'm done with 'em.

*thunk*
What was that?!

h2olawyer

Keep an eye on eBay.  Maybe you can buy your own lenses back.   ::)  That totally sucks.  Some welcome to California!  >:(

H2O

P.S.  I have LOTS of old stators to use as branding irons.
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

inanecathode

My 83 needed front lense covers..
Pay you back, honest.

Just kidding though..
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

QBS

Take one of the back len's(their interchangable with the front) and go to a bike junk yard.  Dig around in the Yamaha and Kawasaki sections.  Several Yamaha and Kawasaki models of your era used the same lens.  You should be able to come up with replacements.  The good news is that no more damage was done, replacements are cheap and easy to find, AND you have been given an early and inexpensive lesson about the level of petty crime in your new neighborhood.  Use that lesson accordingly.

kwells

get a gun and wait in the bushes
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Aelwulf

Quote from: kwells on September 03, 2007, 09:52:23 AM
get a gun and wait in the bushes

Got guns. ;) My debate now is to wait with an airsoft automatic or a 12 gauge semi-automatic....or just use the sword.

*thunk*
What was that?!

YellowJacket!

Cool,  another fellow airsofter.  I got the cheap UTG MP5 (the TM knockoff) for 89.00 and upgraded the spring and piston, wiring, gears and a larger capacity battery.  Moved up from a respectable 350 fps to over 500.  Stings like a scalded hornet and is very accurate.  Of course, my son had to go and get a P90 and totally mod it out and I end up looking like I have chicken pox every time we play airsoft.
For more of a non-lethal and memorable affect than the airsoft, I would get a cheap paintball gun and some paintballs and put the balls in the fridge for a few days.  You can use the freezer, but it will inflict a bit more serious damage.  Cold paintballs hurt.  They hurt really bad.  I learned the hard way not to play paintball in the dead of winter and pack your gear in the trunk of your car the day befrore you play (when it was 30 degrees the night before).  :o  :o  :o  Thats why I took up airsoft. ;D

David

David

reckon

I always preferred a LER scoped webley hurricane loaded with felt cleaning pellets: accurate out to about 25-40ft, and sting like hell.

I used to use em in a spring piston rifle (good to about 50-75ft) to scare the deer out of my vegetable garden, after about two weeks of harmless deer target practice, they just COMPLETELY left the garden alone.

I would set up a hidden video camera, run it on a motion detector switch (radio shack=$15) and leave the BAIT out.   

it's OBVIOUSLY someone with a vision, or maxim, or seca (they were the ones with the square signals), and they live VERY close to you, keep an eye out.........probably younger thieves/vandals, look in garages on hot days or nights when they leave the doors up, someones probably doing a rebuild, and saw your bike, and got the signal covers, SO FAR,...they'll probably be back,...so set it up and CATCH EM!

if it's a daily driver, you'll see them soon riding it, people who are stupid enough to rip off their own neighbors, are also stupid enough to ride the stolen property around.

"if it's stupid but it works, it's no longer stupid"

abogado68

No I prefer a traditional ak-47, especially after my copper pipes were stolen. A few rounds wil do the trick.

Aelwulf

I've got 7-8 pistols, 3 electric but I prefer spring-loaded for pistols.  The electric ones are kinda sad.  Spring ones hurt, popped myself in the hand point blank with one.  I have I think 5 rifles.  A spring shotgun then electric P90, a Bullpup, G36K, AK-47 and one other I think I'm spacin'.  Not into the pricey or upgrading stuff yet.

*thunk*
What was that?!

jasonm.

these lenses fit other 80's Yamahas. If these thieves were semi intelligent and were going to use yours on a Yamaha of the 80's. I suggest you keep an eye open for other 80's Yamahas on the road. That one you see going down the road could be the thief.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Aelwulf

Yamaha still carries the covers, screws and gaskets surprisingly enough (although not quite so much considering they were used on multiple models).  2 each covers and gaskets and 4 each screws after tax landed right around $25, so not too bad.

*thunk*
What was that?!

YellowJacket!

carve your initials on the inside of them.

;D

David

inanecathode

DOOD!
If you still need them, i have a good pair of lenses just taking up space on the parts bike you can have for 1 penny plus shipping :P

Aelwulf

Now ya tell me after I've ordered 'em. :P If they get swiped again I'll drop ya a note. ;)

*thunk*
What was that?!

inanecathode

jasonm.

on the replacements...I suggest engraving your initials where it can't be seen. Just in case the thieves are still into Yamahas.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

mdskinner731

as far as the guns go... id go w/ a paint ball gun. dont hurt to much but still gets the piont across.. and its good target practice. and i dont think their illegal to use in a city like area ;D ;D ;D
"he who has the most toys when they die, wins..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if it moves and its not supposed to-duct tape
if it dont move and its supposed to- wd-40
Redneck Law