News:

Main Menu

Vandals die!

Started by Aelwulf, September 02, 2007, 09:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h2olawyer

They are illegal here - a girl lost an eye to a paintball gun a few years ago, so the city council took action.  Check your local codes for the paintball - air gun status in your jurisdiction.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Ron_McCoy

If you engrave your drivers license number where it can be seen you'll probablynever have them stolen again.  Works for mag wheels.

ColinthePilot

I live in texas and florida before that. We didn't mess around with paintball guns or airsoft. We kept live ammo around, and I never had anything stolen from around my house or even out of the open bed of my truck. It may help that most of my neighbors have seen me carrying my rifle (yugo SKS...looks mean) and a large ammo can to my truck to go to the range on the weekends.
Colin
It pissed me off, so I jammed a screwdriver into it, hit it with a hammer, and spun it around with a pair of vice grips. Let that serve as a warning

kwells

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Aelwulf

I've got real rifles and ammo, I just believe in warning shots to the derriere first. ;) Although something to be said if they think you just carry airsoft they won't be as concerned (at first) if they see a real one thinking it's airsoft.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

ironb12s

It's never easy, you've been violated.  But count yourself as lucky that's all that was missing.  Someone watching the house could've as easily carted the whole bike way.  Good thing they were after only the lenses.  K&L makes aftermarket housings and lenses, you might check out Dennis-Kirk if you need them.

Turn signals are the bane of my Bandit, so I bought a complete set (4) of the signals, complete, from D-K, and keep them in stock.  Takes very little for one to break off.  My Bandit was stolen one night while I was out of town, and found not 1/2 mile away 2 hours later.  They broke the top triple clamp and ignition switch to hotwire it, and blew the main fuse trying to do so.  Broke the saddle getting to the fuse block, and the main was under the LH side cover.  A few watts short of a bulb, I'd say.
SOC-UK 19744*MIG 821*IBA 9200*AMA 580210
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Book: "She don't look like much."
KayLee: "'Ah-uh, she'll fool ya."

ironb12s

SOC-UK 19744*MIG 821*IBA 9200*AMA 580210
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Book: "She don't look like much."
KayLee: "'Ah-uh, she'll fool ya."

Rick G

Nice thing about AZ.  you can wear a side arm most places  , of course you can't shoot anyone  unless there trying to kill you.  If  the sob who cut my gate chain comes back  I'll be tempted to  use my 12 gage  and put my 22 in his hand , so I could be afraid for my life!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

h2olawyer

;D

People stupid enough to break in anyplace deserve whatever they find inside.  Hopefully, it's either somebody waiting with a 12 gauge or a pack of Rottweillers!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.