News:

Main Menu

82 V.S. 83 vision

Started by mdskinner731, September 10, 2007, 03:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullshocks

I have to agree with the others, that paint job is cool, and the bike is going to end up looking great. 

I'm with you on the big clean up & one thing after another initial mechanical work.  Not sure if I'll have it ready to ride again this weekend or not.  My to do list is pretty long.

h2olawyer

Even after you get your bike running & looking great, the "To Do List" never seems to get any shorter.  There are always a few things that still need to be done, will need doing soon, or you just want to do to it & try it out.   8)

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

haha...Im with H2 on that...doesnt matter how nice you get it or it already is, you can ALWAYS find more to do.  OR...you can just not ever write those things down so you can conveniently forget to do them and go riding regardless.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Brian Moffet

Quote from: h2olawyer on September 10, 2007, 04:06:48 PM
The progressive fork springs may have made it into some 83s, but Lucky, Brian Moffett & I have all rebuilt 83 forks that did not have the progressive springs.

No vision came from the factory with Progressives.  Some dealers may have added them later, probably to try and get them off the floor when they weren't selling.  One of the reasons I replaced mine was that my original forks had 40,000 miles on them, the front forks were completely apart anyway, and I could use the upgrade.

Brian

Tanno

Quote from: h2olawyer on September 12, 2007, 12:58:56 AM
Even after you get your bike running & looking great, the "To Do List" never seems to get any shorter.  There are always a few things that still need to be done, will need doing soon, or you just want to do to it & try it out.   8)

H2O

You mean stuff like this? 
                                   |
                                   |
                                   \/

Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

kwells

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com