Off to Bakersfield!

Started by Aelwulf, September 27, 2007, 04:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aelwulf

Assuming I get the carbs finished tomorrow (which shouldn't be a problem) I've been looking at making the hour or so run out to Bakersfield to see how 166 is between here & there.  If anyone wants to grab a coffee or just recommend a spot before I take off lemme know. :)

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

Tanno

How 'bout making a run up to Tehachapi?
Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

Aelwulf

I might, but it will have to be on another break.  I didn't even make it to Bakersfield today.  Got up too late, got the carbs done and by the time I finished the weather was getting foggy/windy so quick I just made it up to north end of Santa Maria and back.  It's about 3 hours one way to Tehachapi.  I THINK my carbs are alright, we'll see next time I fill up for starters.  Bakersfield is only 60-90 minutes so is easier to turn around and run back if something comes up or weather threatens.  However the first half is the same for both pretty much so I'll see about it soon as I can.  Working this weekend though so that's not going to be it. :P

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

Coil Coyle

Quote from: Aelwulf on September 27, 2007, 09:25:04 PM
I might, but it will have to be on another break.  I didn't even make it to Bakersfield today.  Got up too late, got the carbs done and by the time I finished the weather was getting foggy/windy so quick I just made it up to north end of Santa Maria and back.  It's about 3 hours one way to Tehachapi.  I THINK my carbs are alright, we'll see next time I fill up for starters.  Bakersfield is only 60-90 minutes so is easier to turn around and run back if something comes up or weather threatens.  However the first half is the same for both pretty much so I'll see about it soon as I can.  Working this weekend though so that's not going to be it. :P

Aelwolf,
            The part from Bakersfield to Tehachapi, take old 58, Edison Highway, from Comanche Rd East., is the fun part of the ride.
;)
Coil