News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Let there be light

Started by ColinthePilot, October 10, 2007, 08:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColinthePilot

After months of dealing with a crappy ebayer (item not shipped for 2 months, shipped to the wrong address, wrong item) I finally retrieved them from florida and installed them today. Here are the results.
Colin
It pissed me off, so I jammed a screwdriver into it, hit it with a hammer, and spun it around with a pair of vice grips. Let that serve as a warning

kiawrench

colin, your luck with e-bay is like mine, best bet, just buy stuff from vision forum ,or wal-mart/or local discount chain. e-bay just has way too many holes in it now .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

ColinthePilot

till this guy me ebay luck was great. And its tough to find fog lights for a specific truck in stock for a decent price at Wally World.
These aren't quite the right part but they're close enough. I need to try to adjust them though cuz i took them out after dark tonight, and they're centered but the elevation is a bit too low. And while I should've used this experience to learn something about electrical systems, I didn't. I wired a completely new circuit into the truck from the positive on the battery, through the firewall, through a 15A fuse block, a new toggle switch in the lower dash, then through the lights and to ground. It even worked the first time! but I completely bypassed the rest of the electrical system, learning nothing in the process.
Colin
It pissed me off, so I jammed a screwdriver into it, hit it with a hammer, and spun it around with a pair of vice grips. Let that serve as a warning

kiawrench

lol,, that part is easy---- the wiring that is !

you can make perfectly legal foglamps (or driving lights) by using the low beam headlamp circuit as your 12v power source, the toggle switch and fuse . . just up your low beam headlamp fuse by the next increment  (if it is a 20 amp circuit, ,use a 25 amp fuse ) - when i was a teen we did this all the time, never had a moments trouble out of the wiring, and the foglamps only work on low beam, as per local law.
switching to high beam headlamp removes the voltage from the new foglamp circuit  and they will go out ,coming on again when you return to low beam .

just be absolutely sure you put that lamp circuit fuse in as close to your power feed tap in as possible, to keep from doing any damage to regular wiring in event of a short .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Coil Coyle

Light?
try http://www.ae911truth.org/ and click on the left or http://www.911blogger.com/node/10025 and watch the Manitoba lecture presentation.
Just print the URL onto a napkin so you can eat it if stopped, carry it off base to an internet cafe, log on using your dead dog's name. Hear a nerd Engineer with some rational ideas spreading light.

$0.02
;)
Coil