News:

Main Menu

Silver Cafe V

Started by Lucky, October 24, 2007, 05:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

OOOOOOOhhhhhhhh.  I like the blacked out peg holder look.  I ahave an extra set I may do that to and see how it looks on YJ.
Lookin good Lucky.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

on the 83's the lines are black, i might go shiney aluminum on the lines, sort of a negative of the 83's
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Night Vision

what kind of trickery is that?
first the swing arm is silver... then it's half-black  ???

guess it's too late say i thought this combo was sweet!

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Lucky

no problem, if you like it that way, i'll change it back for $30, for a month (dollar a day), longer if you like, but $30 is the minimum.

ps2/bikevision

lucky if you havent already figured out a way of mounting a plate and light  yet i used my stock light piece. just pulled it off the bracket and it lined up with the holes in the back of the tool tray. i had to use a round file on the holes just a little but it worked out great. it hides the lights up behind the tail light and then used a couple of right angle pieces of metal to fasten the plate. i can get some pics if you want.

ps2/bikevision

please excuse the dirt. i used to live on a dirt road and have been waiting on the snow to melt to wash her real good. and it seems that i lost my lense. dont know when that happened but ill be fixing that soon.

Lucky

hmm, i hadn't thought too much about it other than poss strapping it to the swing arm.  i'd like a pic if you could, how it sits mounted up with a tag on it..

as for the light, i wasn't planning on too much night riding, but i suppose i should have it lit anyway...

Rick G

Lucky , theres a way to illuminate the lsc. plate with out having a light.  Get a drawer divider for those plastic cabinets , that you can store nuts and bolts in . Carefully cut a hole in the bottom of the tail light lens , the same size as the divider and glue it in with styrene cement. We do a lot of this here in AZ. because you can ride a equiped  ATV  on the street here. I'll bet you could get one at Ace hardware. .
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

ps2/bikevision

ive got a pic of it on my computer but im on my cell right now. will post it when i get home.

reardeac

the bike is looking good.... i like the color matched tail section and the absence of the grab rails... if they are not there i can leave the wife at home when we are not riding in our hack...

YellowJacket!

I took a study break the other day and stripped my spare set of peg holders and polished them to a really nice shine.  Looked good but that wasn't my intention.  They were badly oxidized and needed it.  What I needed was a good base for the primer and then.......the gloss black epoxy.  After the primer was dried, sanded smooth, sprayed and sanded again, I put a heavy coat of appliance black epoxy on them and man do they look good.  I'm not gonna go with the silver stripes that Lucky is gonna do.  Just going with straight black.  I left them out in the sun for the last two days to "cure" and will do a final coat probably tomorrow and let it cure too.
I'm sure the next project will be the swing arm and the drive shaft but that will have to wait until the winter.  Next project will be putting on the 83 monoshock.

David

YellowJacket!

Maybe some yellow stripes in place of silver........

David