News:

Main Menu

e bay instraments

Started by Rick G, October 29, 2007, 03:07:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick G

There is a VERY interesting set of Instraments on ebay . I've never seen anything like them befor on a V.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

h2olawyer

I'm sure someone here will recognize them.  Don't appear to be Vision originals.  The red line on the tach is too low.  With the idiot lights along the top, they would work well for those considering a different triple tree / handlebar setup.  Too bad these are broken.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-VISION-speedometer-cluster-partholebikeout_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ10066QQihZ001QQitemZ110186216084QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

ironb12s

Quote from: h2olawyer on October 29, 2007, 02:20:06 PM
I'm sure someone here will recognize them.  Don't appear to be Vision originals.  The red line on the tach is too low.  With the idiot lights along the top, they would work well for those considering a different triple tree / handlebar setup.  Too bad these are broken.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-VISION-speedometer-cluster-partholebikeout_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ10066QQihZ001QQitemZ110186216084QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

H2O

Tach isn't short, goes to 9500.  Isn't that right?   ???

This is just one item of many on this seller's site.  Go there and check the others out...  They are parting out a 1982 XZ, and most of their items are vintage...
SOC-UK 19744*MIG 821*IBA 9200*AMA 580210
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Book: "She don't look like much."
KayLee: "'Ah-uh, she'll fool ya."

h2olawyer

Vision red line is marked @ 10K & my owner's manual list it @ 10,500. Rev limiter doesn't kick in for at least another 1000 RPMs above that.  (I did hit it once & man does the bike fall on its face!)

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

GT @ oh.

Look like seca turbo? gauges

h2olawyer

Not right for a Seca turbo - even though it does have the LCD screen.  The Turbo gauges have "Turbo" printed on them.

H2O

Superfly

Looks like an old Virago (or similar) set.
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

mdskinner731

i think i looks like a yamaha radian??? maybe i kno its the same one thats on the motorcycle at my local boces school in the small engines shop.. but im pretty certain its off of a radian ???
"he who has the most toys when they die, wins..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if it moves and its not supposed to-duct tape
if it dont move and its supposed to- wd-40
Redneck Law

h2olawyer

ironb12s

Quote from: h2olawyer on October 29, 2007, 03:22:26 PM
Vision red line is marked @ 10K & my owner's manual list it @ 10,500. Rev limiter doesn't kick in for at least another 1000 RPMs above that.  (I did hit it once & man does the bike fall on its face!)

H2O

Okay, I stand corrected.  No reference close to check.  They say memory is the second thing to go...I forget the first.   ;D

Butt, look BEYOND what you see here, especially Lucky and Tiger, or anyone that is restoring right now, to the other parts up on Ebay from the same seller.  An entire Vision is being parted out...

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZareaQ2e51Q2eautomotive
SOC-UK 19744*MIG 821*IBA 9200*AMA 580210
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Book: "She don't look like much."
KayLee: "'Ah-uh, she'll fool ya."

h2olawyer

Entire 82 Visions are often parted out on eBay.  Nothing new or special about this one.  Also, most motorcycle wrecking yards have a good supply of 82 Visions.  I know of at least a dozen parts Vs in Colorado yards & that's just two places.

H2O

YellowJacket!

Quote from: GT @ oh. on October 29, 2007, 04:26:30 PM
Look like seca turbo? gauges

Yer Zactly Right!

I saw a much better set a while back and wanted them.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

h2olawyer

Nope, not from a Turbo Seca.  Look just about the same as the 750 Seca / Maxim gauges I posted a link to above.

these are the Turbo Seca gauges:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Seca-XJ650-Trubo-gauge-set-1982-650-Turbo_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50463QQihZ017QQitemZ270181606183QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

H2O

YellowJacket!

Hmmmm.  You're right H2O.  Maxim maybe?

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Brian Moffet

Quote from: mdskinner731 on October 29, 2007, 06:31:09 PM
but im pretty certain its off of a radian ???

As people have said, it's not a radian.  I have one in my garage.  I was trying to figure out where I saw that style before, but a day of pondering has gotten me no where...  Who said what about memory???

Brian

h2olawyer

mdskinner731

im stumpped... if i remember ill look in the small~engines class at boces.. i kno its a yamaha and its black...... sits like a honda shadow kinda... i dont think its off of a virago..
"he who has the most toys when they die, wins..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if it moves and its not supposed to-duct tape
if it dont move and its supposed to- wd-40
Redneck Law