News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

YellowJacket! Gets a Facelift **Now with PICS!!**

Started by YellowJacket!, November 20, 2007, 05:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

I mentioned a while back that I'd be getting YJ professionaly painted.  Well, I finally secured a pretty good deal from a neighbor who works in a paint shop.  He works at a local Chevy dealer and rather than mixing the paint to match YJ's "Sunshine Yellow", he is going to use the stoch pre-mixed yellow on hand to save me sone $$.  The final color will be the official Corvette/HHR yellow.  It has a bit more orange to it and is a deeper yellow and I think it'll still look great...maybe even better.
It ended up being a pretty good deal with all the plastics and tank coming to $150.00 which includes prep, paint and clearcoat.
I'll be disassembling and sending the parts off over the holiday weekend and hopefully will have them back soon so I can post some pics.

On a side note, Lucky is leaving his tourer over my house for safe keeping while he's visiting family.  I think I'll do him a favor and get his painted too.  Y'all think he'll like yellow, right?  Shhhh. Don't anyone tell him.  Its our little secret.  OK?   ;) ;) ;) :D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

ironb12s

SOC-UK 19744*MIG 821*IBA 9200*AMA 580210
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Book: "She don't look like much."
KayLee: "'Ah-uh, she'll fool ya."

Tiger

:) Sound's like a good deal to me Dave...way to go 8) However, I think, (between you and I!!!), Lucky would much rather have his "Tourer" more a "Shocking Pink Metalic", eh! ;D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

YellowJacket!

hmmm. Pink.  I'll think about it.  Just don't say anything to Lucky,  OK?

David

h2olawyer

I believe it was Heather who doctored a photo of Lucky's bike - black with pink flowers as I recall.  Mix in a few baby blue butterflies, too.   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

mdskinner731

iv been wondering.. i think the pearlesence white on the 2007 or 2008 cadillac escalades would prolly look good on a vision..
"he who has the most toys when they die, wins..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if it moves and its not supposed to-duct tape
if it dont move and its supposed to- wd-40
Redneck Law

YellowJacket!

I work with a woman who has a Harley Custom.  She had hers painted the pearlescent white and it is absolutely gorgeous.

David

h2olawyer

I seriously considered a pearl white for Silver V but decided to stay with the fastest color (Star Silver).  I may do the pearl white on Tractor, and add some Guardsman blue (or maybe kandy blue) striping.  I agree, a pearlescent white V would look incredible!

If I get the titled frame I've been offered, current partsbike will become track bike & will likely get either a flat black or camo paint job.  Then again, the primer I used on tractor came out awesome - looked like grey porcelain.  That may be what I do.  EZ to fix any oopses then.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Tiger

:o Geeee Dave, I TOLD you several time's that Lucky wouldn't appreciate you talking down his tourer...YEllow indeed!!! ::)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

YellowJacket!

kiawrench

dave ,,, i'll put gas in your bike for a year if you paint ol' lucky's bike a nice frog green with a big yellow peace frog on the sides of tank!!

or maybe a nice poppy red with a blue peace frog and flowers on the fairing
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Rick G

Lucky , do you mean you need to clean out your freezer??
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

YellowJacket!

well, YJ is stripped down for the winter and in storage.  The parts have been boxed up for paint and hopefully in a week or so, YJ will be Corvette Yellow!  (I'm willing to bet its faster than silver too!  ;D  ;D  ;D  )

David

kwells

even star silver with white stripes?
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

Quote from: DaveTN on December 07, 2007, 04:00:01 PM
well, YJ is stripped down for the winter and in storage.  The parts have been boxed up for paint and hopefully in a week or so, YJ will be Corvette Yellow!  (I'm willing to bet its faster than silver too!  ;D  ;D  ;D  )

David

Just remember, your new tank was originally Star Silver, so no matter what color you repaint it it will still be fastest.   ;D

H2O

YellowJacket!

Quote from: h2olawyer on December 07, 2007, 04:19:46 PM
Quote from: DaveTN on December 07, 2007, 04:00:01 PM

David

Just remember, your new tank was originally Star Silver, so no matter what color you repaint it it will still be fastest.   ;D

H2O

Oh drat.  You figured out my secret!  ;D

David

kwells

Maybe I'll finally have a fast bike then too.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Scott_Mc

Good deal on the paint work.  I hope it comes out great!  I think you should pick up a Yellow Corvette too, just to be sure that the paint matches ;)!
Owned an `82 XZ for 22(?) years!
Current 2-`85 and 1-`86 GS1150E/ 1-`85 GS700ES
Wanted:-ST1300 :-O !!

YellowJacket!

Yeah, thats my step sons dream car.  Funny thing though. I just recieved my fitst "complimentary 3year subscription" issue of Corvette Quarterly.  My son was all excited because only people who own corvettes apparently get the subscription.  Hmmmmm wonder what I'm getting for Christmas??!!  Doubt it.

David