News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

The new job

Started by kwells, June 13, 2008, 12:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

So almost through my first week at the new job.  Today they sent me out on a crash site & vehicle inspection in Limon, CO.  Was a rollover involving a full sized Blazer and it's Uhaul trailer.  Really interesting shit trying to figure out what happened. 

Still doing the old job PT at nights and weekends too so I guess I've been a bit busy this week.

Soon I'll have the money for more NOS parts though.

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

don_vanecek

Kwells, perhaps I've missed one of your posts, what is your new job??

I just rode to work today with a new set of Avon's on!

kwells

Im working at a Forensic Engineering company as an engineering tech

www.kineticorp.com
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

don_vanecek

Cool, see if they can solve the Vision Stator problem!

Night Vision

ah yes, accident reconstruction. we do some "forsensic surveying" in my profession.. .like laser scanning of accident scenes... yes, I'm employed in the second oldest profession... surveying... I assume y'all know what the oldest profession is  ::)

sounds like a nice job.... have fun
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

joevacc

Anyone who owns a Vision must have some of the oldest profession in them!  :D
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

h2olawyer

I'm getting real tired of bending over for stators!   :D  ;)

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Windjammer

Speaking of the oldest profession. Any of you CO ROVs heading up to Central City for Madame Lou Bunch days next Saturday? I'll be riding the Rockies that weekend on the bike _without_ the engine and heading up there afterwards for the festivities. It's a good time and as I recall, the roads leading there are good and twisty.

h2olawyer

I'd like to go, but I'll be in your neck of the woods - Elkhart Lake, WI @ Road America.  It's June Sprints week & I'm the crew for a Formula Mazda.

I spent the day today in Pueblo (CO) getting the car ready for the races.  We totally rebuilt the car over the winter & needed to do a full shakedown - bedding in the new ring & pinion in the transaxle, checking the shock settings, ride height, wing angles, things like that.  Our day was cut short, though.  First, he ran out of fuel while trying to get some hot laps for tire pressure / temp checks.  The track fuel station wouldn't open until 1PM & this happened @ 10:30AM.   ::)

After a trip into town to get 5 gallons of race fuel, we got back to running the car around 11:15AM.  Made a few laps, then he came in to put on the new sticker Goodyears.  Wanted to scuff them in a bit - about 3 laps.  As he was trying to leave the paddock, he had troubles with the clutch.  Turns out the hydraulic line developed a pinhole leak - brake fluid all over the engine & left rear suspension.   ::)  That was one part we didn't have an extra for.  So, we tore apart the car & removed the offending Goodridge hose.  Then we loaded up the car, parts, tools, etc & headed back north to Ft. Collins.  We stopped at a speed shop in Arvada (NW edge of Denver) and had a new 9.5 foot hose made.  It gets installed this weekend.

He leaves for WI early in the week & I'll be flying out on Wednesday.  We'll be returning to Ft. Collins on the following Monday - his last race is on Saturday afternoon.

Ride the Rockies sounds like a fun time - if you want to work that hard.  ;)  That is right in inanecathode's backyard, though.  He lives close to Blackhawk.  You're right, the riding in that area is great!  The backroad from Central City to Estes Park is known as the "Peak to Peak" highway.  Extremely scenic & what straights there are aren't very long.

H2O

If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Windjammer

Road America's a blast!! A few years ago I went to a classics weekend there; cars from the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s - Porsches, Ferraris, 'Vettes - it was a great time, and the layout of the track makes it so much fun to watch. The oval track stuff bores me to death, but THIS is interesting.

I'm meeting up with a buddy from Pueblo, then headed for Boulder to Ride Walker's Ranch and then maybe White Ranch on Friday. Saturday it's up to Blackhawk and Central City.
If I didn't have ties to the Midwest, that's where I'd be.

Have fun in WI.

-m@

Rick G

Belonging to the group called road racers  we would take any opportunity to heckle the round track guys , usually with a statement that,  we lost interest speedway,flat track and the mile , when we learned to turn right! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

h2olawyer

A friend of mine (Moses Smith) was racing open wheel cars on road courses for several years.  He is also the top supplier of Formula Mazda parts in this part of the world.  Anyway, he is now in his second year racing in the Camping World Nascar West Series.  The series visited the 3/8 mile oval track in Dacono (about 40 miles south of Ft. Collins) last week.  I still give him grief about forgetting how to turn right.  He agrees with my sentiment, but loves the $$.  Too bad ovals are mostly boring.   ::)

H2O