News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Gonna be a Tough Summer

Started by YellowJacket!, June 12, 2008, 06:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

I'm in hte final stretch and am taking my last three official classes.  This semester is going to be a bear though as its compressed down into two months or less which leaves me with three or MORE tests a week.  Trying to ride YJ every day to save gas too.
Im heading over to Charleston SC for another school interview and plan to hook up with Kiawrench at some point while we're there.
This is going to be a tough week though becasue I'll be soing most of my schoolwork "on the road".  Gonna miss riding YJ for the next week...just couldnt talk the wife into saving gas and using it for the trip.   :'(   :'(

Take Care

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

well, if you need me to baby sit YJ.....

(where's the sinister smiley?....)
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

YellowJacket!

YJ's gettin plenty use.  Need an accord?  :-}

I'm actually up at ETSU right now for Cody's orientation.  In a weird twist of irony, I'm on the very campus that I go to on-line school at and I can't get any of my schoolwork done.  Well...we just got a break and I had to take care of important things first. ROV, Email, chat with GF...oops strike that last one...ROV, Email and school.   :D

David

h2olawyer

David -

I remember Summer sessions well.  Taking a full load in compressed time can be exciting.   ::)  Colorado State had three different sessions; a 4 week (actually 3 of those), an 8 week and a 12 week, all running concurrently.  I liked those courses because there were tons fewer people on campus.  The atmosphere was more laid back, but the studying was more intense.  I found I learn things better & retain them longer with those 4 week classes.  One of my favorites was Physics for Liberal Arts Majors  (actually, "Descriptive Physics").  All the formulas were given to us on the exams, but we had to know where to put various numbers & do the math / algebra required.  In spite of the simple level of the class, it was quite informative.  Even had to do a research paper.

Hope all continues as well as - or better than - the last semesters have gone!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

H2O,
All three of my classes are compressed. Two are 8 week classes...were supposed to be ten week bu the instructors made them 8 and one (international public health) is four.  In some cases, I have two tests in a single week for that class in addition to the discussion forums and homework assignments.  Have a paper to write for that one too.
Physics is a bear.  I have always been weak in math but Physics is a requirement for PA school and all I have to do is pass it.  I've darn near killed myself trying to maintain my 4.0 but I'm throwing in the towel and going for the pass on this one.  Sounds like the same class you took.  Its physics with minimal math..but we still have to learn the formulas that we use.  I have two tests and two homework assignments due in that class next week...while I'm in Charleston...thank goodness for "working in the cloud".
My last class is just plain fun.  Its about patient care and although we have tests every week and a paper to write, this is the fourth class I have had with this instructor.  There are 30 people in the class and four of us have been RT's for over 15 years (me for 20).  We were grouped together to do a video project in lieu of a paper.  Its an interesting project because none of us are in the same town and one lives in Virginia (Ironically, she and I know each other very well and used to work together).
Just finished day one of orientation and turned in two homework assignments thanks to the schools WiFi.  Funny thing I found out today too is even though I'm not an on-campus student, I found myself in the student directory.  First time I have seen myself designated as a "Senior" too. ;D  ;D
We have another day of orientation tomorrow and more work to do on downtime then its off to Charleston and then up to Myrtle to say hi to Kiawrench.

David

kiawrench

YJ  make sure wife leaves room in trunk,, lol you are going to need it,, Lucky, lay in supply of sand paper, yellow jacket will need that too ,and make sure tools are ready to make an oil cooler system,,, have a feeling the yj bike is about to get radical makeover!!

YJ  i may end up working while you are here, so do not forget to call, if i do not answer, keep calling until i do -- first week back on this job and already i have a three week standing appointment list, old customers flocking back to shop - am busy to point of hitting 13 -14 hr work days
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

YellowJacket!

Well, a little good news and bad news.  I went to the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) today and had a good conversation with the medical director of the program.  He assured me that I was excellent material for the program BUT....Much of my undergrad work was between 15 and 23 years ago and some of that stuff, particularly Anatomy and Physiology I and II, Biochem and Psychology.  Its doable..in about a years time keeping with my 12 chredit hrs/semester max but it may have a very negative effect on me getting the job with the thoracic surgeon as the PA that I will be "replacing" will be retiring before I finish school. ugh
The good nes is that he told me that my parking situation would be better off if I drove a motorcycle as they have designated spaces for bikes but not cars.....I LIKE this school!

David

Brian Moffet

Perhaps you could swing an internship deal where you work with the retiring PA while going to school, hopefully providing some on the job training and brushing up your skills.

We haven't evolved that much in 12 years, have we  ???